Chapter 30: I'm not ready

Lena's POV

I was feeding Alura when Kara came in through the window. I could hear her boots thud against the floor and looking up to her.

"Hello Darling" I smile.

"Hey there you two. Someone was hungry?" she asks.

"Second bottle. I think she's just about done now" I respond. I set down the bottle and stand up from the couch. I gently bobbed as I pat her back.

"I was wondering if you wanted to take Alura out for a walk tonight?" Kara asks.

"Wont it be cold tonight?" I worried. Kara quirks an eyebrow at me and chuckles.

"Honey, she's Kryptonian. We dont get cold remember?" she teases.

"I may have selective memory loss. Perhaps its a side effect?" Kara scowls at me and a small burp comes from our daughter.

"Nap time" Kara smiles.

We head to the nursery and I set down the baby for her nap. I leave some lullaby music playing softly and we leave the room. As soon as the door is closed Kara's arms are wrapped around me and her lips are on my neck. I try to suppress a moan and notice we're hovering.

"Is my darling Kara being bold today?" I attempt to tease.

"How far this goes is completely up to you" she whispers. Her husky voice sets me off and I superspeed us to the bedroom.

"You've been practicing" she laughs.

"Perhaps" I smirk. I pull her along with me and grab the collar of her supersuit.

"Did your selective memory loss forget the first time we slept together?" Kara asks.

"No, I remember perfectly" I smile. Kara pushes me slowly back and suddenly I felt nervous.

"We're not in the mountains anymore. Which means you'll have to keep quiet and not wake sleeping beauty" she grins.

*****

I don't know where Kara had gotten all the confidence last night but I loved it. Alura had thankfully stayed asleep the entire time. I was warming her bottle when Kara came out in her usual reporting outfit. She would be off to Catco while Alura and I went to the DEO. The specialty stroller that Winn and I made sat near the door ready to go. Alura lay in her bassinette and smiled up at her mother that came to say hello.

"How are you today little Alura? Are you being good for mommy?" she cooes. I test the warmth of the milk as I watch them and Kara picks her up. The little Kryptonian looks even smaller in her mothers arms and waves her little hands around.

"We will see you around lunch time, Darling" I smile. Kara gives me a quick kiss before giving Alura to me.

I place the bottle in her mouth and let her eat as I walk around the livingroom. Once she's finished I place her in the stroller and in a flash we were at the DEO. Alex was looking over Winn's shoulder at the computer screen he was working on. Alura let out a loud babbling sound and a giggle that made Alex spin in place.

"Is that my little niece?!" she smiles. She makes her way to us and wiggles her fingers at Alura who laughs at her aunt's antics. Winn also came over to say hello and we discussed what needed to be done today.

I took Alura out of her stroller when Rebekah flew onto the balcony. I could see her gaze lock onto Alex before flicking towards Winn and I.

"Good morning. How is everything today?" she grins.

"Good. Winn and I were just on our way to the lab. Kara is at Catco today but will be coming around lunch time" I respond.

"Sounds good. I just came to say hello before heading to headquarters" Rebekah says. She turns to Alex and gently grabs her hand. "I'll try to be here for lunch and update you on what they tell me."