Chapter 14: Surprise

Lena's POV

Kara and I have returned from our short getaway to the apartment. Things have been quiet for the most part. I have not remembered anything since the shower incident. Alex says that theres no telling how long it will take to get all of my memories back.

Speaking of my sister-in-law, I've noticed something different about her. She isnt as moody or strict at the DEO as she used to. I think that she has finally found someone that she likes but Kara just says that shes the same. My poor oblivious wife never catches things like this.

At the moment I was nestled on the couch. My favorite book in one hand and the other running through Kara's hair. She had stayed up the night before writing an article for Snapper. Her arms held me securely and her breaths tickled my collarbone. It was moments like this that I lived for. To have to love and love me.

The moment was cut short when a weird feeling overcame me. I brushed it off as I was late for dinner. Kara continued to sleep soundly and every now and then twitched. I wondered what she dreamt of. A short while later there was a call. I didnt want it to wake Kara and answered it for her.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kara! I've been asked out on a date and I'm freaking out! I dont freak out. I'm an agent with training to suppress emotion. I have no idea what to wear or what to expect. Will you help me?" Alex asks, pleading.

"Hello Alex. Kara is currently asleep and probably will for a while. I could help you if you would like?" I smile.

"Oh hi Lena. This is embarrassing. If you so much as make a peep of this to anyone at the DEO I will fire you" she warns.

"You wont fire me. Kara wont let you. I wont tell anyone anyway as I dont see it as any of their business" I smirk.

"Oh, well good. I do need help and you would probably be better at this. I'm going out on a date but I have no idea what we are doing" she says.

"Ok, listen to me carefully. I want you to bring a formal, casual, professional, and your favorite outfits. I'll judge which will be best" I respond.

Once I had hung up Kara had begun to stir. She stretched and her arm tightened around me which I could feel her muscles. I could feel a light blush on my cheeks as her eyes opened.

"Hey" she smiles.

"Hello love. Did you have a nice rest?" I grin.

"Of course I did. I took a nap with you." She nestled back into me and I shook my head.

The weird feeling from earlier rose again and I furrowed my eyebrows. I really should eat something. Noticing Kara had fallen back asleep I gently extracted myself from her grasp. I made a snack for myself and nibbled on it.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it to find Alex with a large bag.

"Ok, first let's do formal. You can change in Kara and I's room."

Several outfits later we finally decided on one. It was a simple dark red top, blue jeans, and black leather jacket. I continued to nibble on my snack and sat in the chair in the living room. Alex paced in front of me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Alex it'll be fine. Just be yourself and relax" I say softly.

"I cant relax! This is the first time that I'm going out since Maggie. I really like her and I dont want to mess it up. What if I move too fast? What if she doesnt want to have kids either? What if she doesnt like my job? " she groans.

I get up from my chair and place my hands on her shoulders to stop her pacing.

"Everything will be fine. What happened with Maggie was not your fault. This is another chance for you to start over. As far as everything else, you cant control it. You have to let her decide all of that for you. It's ok to put yourself out there. You just have to accept the things you can't control" I say. Alex nods her head and squares her shoulders.

"I'm really glad that my sister-in-law is a genius" she laughs.

"Thank you, now go and have some fun" I tilt my head to the door.

Alex leaves and I go back to see if Kara has woken up. I see that shes still asleep and decide to make dinner. The strange feeling hasn't come back so it must have been that I needed something in my stomach. I shrug and pull out everything I would need.

Kara's POV

I've noticed a change in Lena and I cant put my finger on it. I apparently missed the whole fiasco with Alex's date the other night. It seemed to have gone well though since there going for a second one soon. I was really glad that my sister was giving live another chance. She deserves to be happy and a shot at a family.

Lena hasnt told me if she had remembered anything else. I was just getting home from Catco and set down my keys on the counter.

"Lena?" I call. There was no answer and I grew worried.

"Lena I'm home. There isnt a lot of commotion outside so it seems like a slow Supergirl night" I say. I still got no answer and I looked around the apartment.

Lena's phone on her nightstand, keys on the counter, and her pajamas were laid out on the bed. Nothing made sense and I noticed the bathroom light was on. I made my way to it and slowly opened the door. It was empty except for something on the sink. There was a folded letter with my name on it.

I picked it up and opened it to be startled by something falling out. I decide to read before picking it up.

Hello Darling,

If you've found my letter before me I am still at the DEO. I didnt mean to worry you love and hope that you will meet me in the med bay. I have a surprise for you.

Love, Lena

I look to the floor and pick up a white object. I turn it over and theres two pink lines in the small window. My hand begins to shake and I drop it back to the floor.

"Holy shit!" I yell. I superspeed out of our apartment and fly to the DEO.

I make a rough landing on the balcony and speed to the med bay. I stop dead in my tracks when I see Lena laying on a hospital bed with Alex using an ultrasound probe on her stomach. I cautiously walk inside and the two women snap their attention to me. Alex looks like a deer caught in headlights and the probe slowly comes off of Lena's stomach.

My wife has a large grin on her face as her arms remain above her head not even bothering to cover her stomach again. I take a step forward and look at the picture on the monitor. I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to see but I know what this means.

"Surprise!" Lena says gleefully.

I feel my legs buckle and I seem to fall in slow motion before hitting the ground and the world goes dark.

When I come to I'm in the bed next to Lena and Alex is laughing.

"Great, we have a fainter. Are you going to do this in the delivery room?" Alex teases.

"I-Wh- .....How-..." I stumble. My head is swimming and the room around me is spinning.

"You're going to be a mother Dalring. Alex said that she would help me find out exactly how this happened but she confirmed it right before you arrived" Lena spoke up.

I look between my sister and my wife and close my eyes with a groan. They both laugh at me again as I cover my head with the sheet.

****

Hello Raccoons! I know it's been a while and you've been waiting for updates. It's been a hard time in the life of this author but I'm sure the same could be said for some of you. I appreciate your patience and you reading my stories! Looks like Supercorp is going to have their hands full too! I appreciate any suggestions or feedback you might have. Stay safe and thanks again for reading the garbage!