Chapter 3: Lost

Lena's POV

It's been a week since I've been brought home from my ordeal. A week and I have still yet to remember anything. I quickly learned a daily routine that I will follow while Kara is at work. Kara told me that she was a reporter and she showed me a few of her writings. I loved when she read to me. It was cute to see her so passionate about something.

One thing that has confused me since I've come home is the hours that Kara worked. She would be working her usual work hours but be called for things at all hours. Right now I sit in our windowsill with a cup of tea, waiting for her to return. She had gotten a call in the middle of the night.

I instantly missed the warmth of her body beside me and I waited for her to return. I felt protective of her and wanted her to be safe. I had no idea what she was working on but I'm sure it's important.

Finally I heard the front door open and my tattered wife dragged her feet in. There was a smudge of dirt on her cheek and her eyes were tired. I walked to her and wiped the dirt away. I saw her eyes close at my touch and ushered her to our bed. She was out within seconds of her head hitting the pillow. I smiled softly down at her and had the urge to kiss her.

We were still getting to know each other again but I felt that I've known her for years. You know what I mean. I shake my head frustrated that I still didnt have my memory back. I instead kissed the side of her head and slipped in beside her. Whatever it was my wife was working on, I hoped it would be over soon.

*****

I decided to take Kara some lunch at work and figured out my way to Catco. I held the bag of food close to me as I made my way to her floor. The elevator door opened and I looked around. In the far side of the room I could see her talking to another woman. They were a bit too close for comfort and Kara smiled at them.

The other woman playfully tapped her arm and they continued their conversation. There was a feeling within me that I was unfamiliar with. I walked toward them and caught Kara's eye.

"Lena! I didnt know you were coming. Did you find your way ok?" Kara asked. I was touched by her concern but turned my attention to the red head in front of her.

"Hello. I'm Lena Danvers, Kara's wife" I smile. I held out my hand and realized that this woman may already know who I am.

"Hello Lena. I'm Alex, Alex Danvers. I'm your sister-in-law but I'm sure you may not remember. Kara explained everything to me" she says.

My cheeks burn in embarrassment as I mistook Kara's sister for a flirting coworker.

"Right, I was inviting Alex over and was going to call you. I guess you can meet now! I wanted to gradually introduce you to everyone so you wouldnt be overwhelmed" Kara said sheepishly.

I looked at her and felt the feeling I have had growing the past week. I smile and nod, keeping my attention on her.

"We can plan another night if today doesnt work" Alex chirped.

"No, no tonight will be alright. I'll be sure to expect you later today" I smiled. Alex nods and smiles at me.

I hand Kara the lunch bag I had been carrying and she looked in it.

"I brought you potstickers, rice, veggies, and some chicken. I hope that's alright?" I was confused as Kara stared at me in shock.

"This is perfect. Thank you love. I'll see you when I get home" she says. I hug her goodbye and say good bye to Alex.

I walked out of the building and was lost in my thoughts.

What was I thinking? I know Kara is my wife and jealousy is a normal thing but-..... I dont remember anything about us. I feel out of place. I shouldnt be jealous of anyone that finds Kara attractive. She certainly is a beautiful woman and I dont blame anyone who gives her a second glance. I need to earn back my place. I need to remember who I was and what we had. I need to win back my wife.