Chapter 18

• • •

• • •

Kol having heard that visibly paled as shocked was clearly showed on his face. Niklaus having heard that name a few times was also shocked but not nearly as much as Kol since he didn't know William's story as much as Kol. But he knew William was supposed to be dead. Whereas Rebekah just stood there confused.

Machae who was clearly still in distress couldn't take it anymore. She felt like she was suffocating. The room was spinning. She got up and ran stumbled away knocking over a lamp as Niklaus stood up as well to hold her. But she sped away from his house.

Kol followed her right after knowing exactly where she was going.

"Who's William?" Rebekah asked confusedly after the two best friends fled.

• • •

I sped to my house and let out a frustrated scream. I knocked over the dining table and threw it to the fireplace broken it to pieces. I kicked the wooden door to my room and punched a hole to my wardrobe. Grabbing a chair, I smashed it to the window and another to the wall.

By the time I was done, my house was trashed and I felt Kol's presence behind me.

"He knew it was me, Kol." I whispered. "He targeted me. He targeted us."

"How's he even alive?" I breathed.

I turned around to face Kol. "I watched him died, Kol. I watched as the life faded out of him."

"I don't know, M." Kol said quietly looking down not meeting his best friend's eyes.

"We shouldn't have left him." I mumbled.

"We didn't have a choice, Machae." Kol turned to me.

"Yes we did!" I screamed at him. "Now he's alive. And he's trying to kill us. HE HATES OUR GUTS!" I threw a lamp at him as he ducked.

Kol looked at me shocked in disbelief before fled out of my room. I could no longer hold my tears as I screamed in my cry.

William. My best friend. Was alive.

After over a century, thinking he was dead, living thought as myself being the last man standing, eating off my guilt and regret every day, now just finding out he was alive after all these years...

I let out a scream before throwing another chair at the wall as I stumbled my legs woobled underneath me. I didn't hit the ground as a strong pair of arms caught me before I hit the floor. I cried harder knowing who it was.

"He hates me, Nik." I cried. "He tried to kill me."

"He's alive after all these years." I turned around and cried in his shoulder.

He continued to soothe me calm me down rubbing circles on my back. "Sshh... love. It's ok. We'll deal with him later."

I cried and cried. At this point, I didn't even care about the fight we had earlier. I just wanted his comfort.