Chapter 3

"Come on, Hexa. Faster." Alex urged.

We were running in the middle of forest at night. It was dark. I could barely see anything. I noticed I was running in human speed. I wondered why.

"Machae, stay close." William snapped beside me.

I still didn't know what was going on? What were we running from?

We came to a dead end. Kind of like a cliff. We knew we had nowhere to go. I stayed on guard. Guns ready at my hands. We were tense hearing intently at any sound indicating our chaser. We formed a half circle around the cliff.

A twig snapped from Alex's direction turned all of our attention to it. Then another in my direction. Out of nowhere, a large wolf came at Alex, I shot it instantly while the others were trying to pry it off him. I took notice that it didn't look like a regular wolf. Far too big.

Werewolf.

I threw away my guns since it didn't seem to affect the wolf much and took out my blade plucked it and dragged across his back. In the midst of fighting, Alex had bleed to death and Hexa was thrown off the cliff. Leaving me with William to fend off the werewolf.

I jumped on his back choking him while William dealt with him with his blade. Suddenly the werewolf threw me off and I landed hard on the ground a few feet away. Got rid of me, he sunk his teeth to William bite him mercilessly.

I watched helpless as the scene unfold. Before I knew it, he came charged at me.

My breathing was heavy as I woke up from my sleep. I still had my now daily nightmare but it wasn't as intense as it was in Mystic Falls. I calmed myself before something clicked in my head.

How did the witches know about my past? Actually, how did many people know about my past?

First, Thomas and Linda. Then, the Atlanta witches. Now, bloody Abernathy. Who knew maybe those petty wolves pack as well.

Who was their babbling source? Who in their fucking lost mind dared to challenge me?

No matter it all ended when I got my hand on that bloody greedy witch. Which was why I needed to get ready and prepare for our upcoming war. We had 6 days to prepare. It would be more than enough. I smirked.

I got off my bed and was about to walked into my bathroom when something caught my eye. A beautiful painting of a warrior queen. His painting. Of me.

I smiled at the sight. I looked over to small drawing of me and the small memo at the bottom of it. My grin just got wider as I entered my bathroom.

I hummed a song and swayed a little in my shower which then turned into a full-blown concert since I couldn't contain the happy feeling I got. Thank God I put the silencing spell last night.

I got out wore my outfit for the day and brought myself to the kitchen to have breakfast.

Just as I opened the door, someone from the inside already alerted my presence to the others. "Well someone is in a good mood this morning." Dan teased.

"How can she not be?" Bekah joined in with her teasing smirk.