Chapter 7

The next day, I woke up feeling warm and comfortable as ever

The next day, I woke up feeling warm and comfortable as ever. And the first time I felt ... at peace? I tried to move but I realized there's an arm wrapped securely around my waist. I turned around to see the owner of it. There he was sleeping peacefully. He was even a hundred times more handsome when he was so relaxed like this. I smiled at the sight. He deserved a good night sleep.

I moved slowly to get out of bed without waking him up but couldn't get any further as his arms pulled my back.

"Like what you see, love?" he whispered in his husky voice. Good Lord, why did his morning voice have to be so sexy?

I turned to face him to see he was already wide-awake staring back at me. "Hmm... I've had worse." I teased him as we both chuckled.

"We both know I'm the best, love." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "Sleep well?" asked him.

"With you here, absolutely." He smiled. I couldn't help a small smile.

Flirty asshole. Hot flirty asshole.

"You?" he asked back.

I froze for a moment. I ...did.

"Yea..." I looked to him surprised. "Did I scream in my sleep?" I asked.

He frowned in confusion. "No? Well later you'll scream my name when I give you the best ride of your life." He smirked cheekily winking at me.

I rolled my eyes but it didn't hide the fact of my racing heart. Then I realized, I had no nightmare for the first time in weeks. What the – How?

Nevermind. Tomorrow's thought.

I tried to get up but he pulled me back again. "Get up, asshat." I chuckled.

"Nah" stubborn little...

"What's your agenda for today?" I asked instead.

He thought for a moment before replying. "I go wherever you go."

"Good. then we need to get up. We have a ball to prepare, remember?"

He groaned and pulled the sheet to cover his face. I laughed at his actions before pulling the sheets off him but he tugged even closer. "Get up or I'll drag you out myself." I playfully warned.

He pulled down the sheets only to show his face. "I'd like to see you try, love."

Stubborn little asshat...fine be that way

I leaned in closer to him as if I was going to kiss him. distracted him for a while before pushing him out of the bed for him to fall to the floor with a thud. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. "I...warned...you." I said in between laughter.

He got up and glared at me. I raised my hands in surrender. "I'm going to have a shower. You should too."

"Mind if I join you, love?" he asked cheekily.