Chapter 30

A/N: My apologies

A/N: My apologies. I just had a sudden inspiration and saw fit to squeeze in a little mini scene at the end of the chapter, so if you want to, just skipped to the part of my revision where I marked it with '******* revision part *******'. Thanks :)

• • •

Lies.

"After everything she's done to us!"

"She lied to us for decades, Theo!"

"Lies! You just want the power for yourself!"

"Don't act innocent, Machae! You lead him to his death!"

"I was protecting you. Biggest mistake of my life."

Destruction.

"You're right. I love Theo. But I hate you more."

"I had their mind altered. They obeyed me."

"I didn't think you'd kill them all. But you did."

"So even if I die, I still win."

"The Ruthless Queen...The Petrova Witch."

Death.

I gasped and sat up straight as once again I woke up from my nightmare. Groaning, beads of sweats covering my body and face with my head feeling like it had been ran over by a loaded truck at least a dozen times repeatedly. I shifted my body to the side only to hit another solid body.

Despite my throbbing head, I forced my eyes to open. Shining blinding light made me squinted my eyes close again.

"Ugh! All this light is blinding me!" I incoherently groaned.

Glimpses of my nightmares - faces, destructions, deaths - more like my now haunting memories - flashed before my eyes, as usual I ignored them as hard as I could. Though, it didn't help much. I shook my head and refocus on my surrounding.

I looked to the side to see the naked guy was still sleeping. I rolled my eyes at this. Of course, I woke up before him. Why did I bring him into my place again?

Last night's event came back to me slowly. I remembered the booze, boys, party. Last night was wild like every other nights.

Checking the time on my phone, I swung my leg off the bed. I need to get over the hangover before I left.

Out of habit, I checked my phone before I went outside. I frowned as I felt my chest tight when I saw the morning news.

The news was still hot about the castle incident I caused. They were growing frustrated by the day with no answers even after 2 months. Of course, since the whole of the property was completely demolished, not to mention most of it perished to ash somehow because of my powers. The government and the authorities, NCA, MI5, OSCT, MI6 or whatever the hell there was out there you name it, they all had been working on my case non-stop.