Chapter 16

• • •

• • •

Meanwhile in Zanadew Lounge...

Music was playing, and many vampires in transition were lying around still dead. Jeremy, Matt, and Damon entered and stared at all the bodies. They walked up to Niklaus, who was sitting at the bar and pouring himself a drink.

"I was beginning to worry you boys wouldn't find the place." Niklaus said.

"What the hell...?" Jeremy looked around shocked.

"Did you kill all these people?" Matt was also in shock.

"Not exactly. They're in transition." Niklaus turned to Jeremy. "Killing them is your job."

Both Jeremy and Matt looked at Damon.

"You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way!" Jeremy snapped at Damon angrily.

"Well, I thought about it, and then I realized his idea was better." Niklaus smiled and Jeremy stared at Damon in disbelief. Some of the bodies started to move.

• • •

Kol and I just arrived at my house to discuss our next move.

"Ok, Bekah and Nik want the cure so obviously we're on our own. Nik is so hell bent on the Gilbert boy since I planted the idea to him. My bad." I turned to him as he shot me a look. "Then Shane also said Bonnie is the key. So that makes the scooby gang also has Bonnie."

"Nik is never going to have the support of the doppelganger's group." Kol said thoughtfully. "So that leaves Bekah." I finished him.

"But we're missing something." I told him. "The foundation of Elena. Co group itself is breaking. What with doppelbitch and Stefan just broke up because he just realized she is like Katerina more than she let on."

Kol looked at me surprised. "She slept with Damon?" I smirked as he burst out laughing.

"And given the history of Bekah and Stefan..." I trailed off. "She's going after Stefan." Kol finished.

Just then my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and I paled a little. I showed it to Kol and he told me to answer it.

"Hello, love."

I was hesitant to answer it and turned to Kol where he nodded his head signalling me to pick up the phone. "Hey, Nik. How's the little hunter?" I looked at Kol to see he was already staring at me and nodded his head in encouragement.

"Still useless incompetent little shell of himself. Damon's been delaying the couching to impress Elena involving the human Matt to become Jeremy's boxing buddy as well, but fortunately I've made the necessary adjustments and if all goes well he'll be ready in no time." He explained. "And after this's all be over and I can focus on us more." I felt a guilty jab at my heart when he said the last part. Here he was being all considerate and all while I was plotting plans against him with his brother.