𝟐𝟓

I glared at her family, then quickly followed Kimani out of the house

I glared at her family, then quickly followed Kimani out of the house. When I got to the car, Kimani was already inside waiting for me.

"Kimani." I started.

"Don't even talk to me right now. Give me my space to relax and think." She mumbled as she pulled out her phone and leaned her head against the window.

I respected that so I did exactly what she asked.

When we finally pulled up to the building, she hopped out of the car and was already walking inside the lobby.

I quickly caught up with her and got in the elevator. We stood in awkward silence. Lord, please don't let this girl murder me.

I unlocked the door, and she walked in. She slammed the door shut.

I scrunched my face up at her. "Stop slamming my shit. I don't do that to you when I'm mad."

"What?" She narrowed her eyes at me and cocked her head to the side.

Maybe that was the wrong time to say something.

She walked up to me and slapped me. I blinked at her and she then started swinging on me rapidly.

For the first couple of seconds, I let her get her hits in, but I'm not going to just sit around and continue to let her put her hands on me. I grabbed her wrist and held her down.

"Kimani chill out." I gritted out.

She kept fighting to get out of my hold.

"Get the fuck off of me, Vincenzo." She huffed and stopped moving.

I slowly let her go as she calmed down. She walked to our room, and I followed her. She went into the closet and pulled down one of my suitcases and her duffel bag.

She started throwing the clothes that she had brought with her in there, her hair stuff, shoes, all of it.

"Kimani, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" She went into the bathroom to get her toiletries.

I went and dumped all of her stuff out.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You sit there and lie to me for eight fucking months straight and you expect me to sit here and be okay with it? I just don't get it. We were now dating for eight months. So you had a whole eight fucking months to tell me! Because you obviously trust me if you tell me you love me. It's the fact that you lied in my face that's really getting to me. I can't even stand liars."

My heart almost stopped when she said we were instead of we are.

"What do you mean by we were? Kimani, I know you're not trying to break up with me." I took a couple of steps toward her.

"It's hard to believe that you're in the mafia during this whole relationship we had. You murder and save people?" She laughed. It wasn't one of those because it was funny laughs either.

"Stop saying we had like we broke up," I mumbled.

"Stop speaking to me."

"So that's what my dad and brothers were talking about." She sighed in disbelief. "My family is a bunch of liars and gang leaders. I'm dating someone who's in the mafia. I really can't believe this shit."

"I cant even believe this shit." She repeated once again.

"Kimani, listen to me. I would've told you sooner if I could, but being in this life comes with risks that I didn't want to take with you. I don't need you being hurt because of me. I just thought that it was better if I kept you in the dark and it clearly wasn't. I tried my best to stay out of the mafia life but it's like every time I turn around I'm running back into it. My feelings for you are still the same. I still and will always love you. This was the only lie I told you except for how Remy's dad died. He died in a shootout with a gang when we went to a different state to make a deal." I pulled Kimani into me and hugged her.

"You promise?" She sniffled. "That this is the only lie you told me?"

"I swear on my life." I kissed her forehead, then her lips.

"I'm sorry for hitting you even though you deserved it for lying to me."

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah, it's cool. I'm sorry for lying to you." my face is going to be red as hell.

"Here." I put my black card in her hand. "Buy whatever you want and I'll be cool with it."

"Don't think just 'cause you gave me this you're forgiven."

At least it will butter you up.

𐩃

I was up late at night, staring at the ceiling just thinking. One thing I've always noticed is that I could never leave the mafia life alone. I always ended up right back where I was. No matter what.

Whether it was going to different countries to get certain connections or killing someone for my dad, I always came back.

I thought that if I became a firefighter and had the construction company, then I would end up wanting out, but it just made me more hungry for the excitement of having that life.

I missed it.