𝟑𝟕

Kimani sat awake in the hospital room as she stared at the ceiling

Tears rolled down her face as she quietly waited for the doctors to give her an update on Kara. She was so scared about what the outcome would be.

They got Kimani in a room and she had got stitches on her forehead, but other than that she was okay. Physically, though, but not mentally.

Vincenzo barged into the room with his nose flared up. Anger was clear on his face.

He had just got the bad news that he knew might break Kimani. Even if he didn't like Kara, he still respected her because she was Kimani's friend.

'She was.' He lingered on that word as he tried to figure out a way to tell her.

"Hey," He says as he slowly walks towards the bed. His eyes darken at the stitches on her forehead and her tear-stained face. "I'm sorry, Kimani. I swear I'm going to get who did this to you both."

Kimani choked out a sob while he held her in his arms.

'She's dead.' She thought as tears rapidly fell down her face.

Vincenzo knew that she already knew that Kara was gone, but he knew he still had to tell her.

"She's brain dead." He paused. "I know I keep saying this, but I swear on everything I love I will get who did this."

Kimani knew that nine times out of ten the cops wouldn't do anything for real, so she left it in his hands to take care of this because whoever took away one of her best friends is going to feel sorry that they even thought about it.

A knock on the door made Kimani snap out of her trance of staring at the wall. The doctor walked in after she got the go-ahead.

She was a doctor that Kimani and Kara would drop patients off to on the regular whenever it was their shift.

"Um...I'm sorry for your loss, Davis. Ross was one of the good ones and she didn't deserve to go out like that."

Kimani only stared at the doctor, who is also known as Dr. Walker. She awkwardly looked at the chart in her hand.

She wanted to tell Kimani the good news, but she didn't know how she'd take it given the circumstances.

"Well, we have some good news." Dr. Walker gave a sad smile as Kimani stale faced her. "You're one month pregnant with multiples." She flipped through the papers on the chart. "Four, to be exact."

"Oh," Kimani says.

She wanted to be excited about expecting kids, but she couldn't. The weight of Kara's death was just too strong. She felt she had to carry it all, but in reality, she had multiple people there to help share the weight.

Vincenzo was bubbling with excitement. Being a father is something he always wanted, and he felt he was finally set for life.

He sees Kimani permanently in his future and has been for a while now. He felt kind of bad for being this happy right now, seeing that Kimani was struggling with the fact of Kara being dead.