𝟓𝟑

"I'm sorry Mr

"I'm sorry Mr. Moretti, but we can't allow you to stay inside any longer. DR. Hilton is a well renowned neonatal surgeon so this should be an easy fix for her." One of the scrub nurses told me as she escorted me out of the OR.

I grimaced and reluctantly walked away so I could call my mo- so I could call her family. I should've held a gun up to the lad- you know, let me fucking chill. Once that was done I sat in the waiting room waiting for someone to come tell me I could see my kids or Kimani.

"What happened?" Aria asked as she walked in with Mekhi, Damien, and Nathan. Her family should be here soon.

"Her water broke after she had a panic attack. Then they said something about her blood pressure being too high, which caused the babies to be in distress." I started.

"Preeclampsia." I heard Aria mumble.

"Is she going to be okay?" Mekhi asked with a worried look on his face.

I groaned in annoyance. "I don't know."

"This some bullshit. Who's going to be our instigator in our arguments?" Mekhi says, which makes me let out a light chuckle.

I swear his mom dropped him on his head a couple of times because there's just no way he was born like that.

"She's not dying, damn. Don't bring that negative energy around here." Aria grumbled.

"For real. I'm still trying to figure out who the godparents are." He uttered. "Vincenzo?" He called out.

"What?"

I now see why Kimani, Damien, Aria, and Nathan all have a group chat together. They talk too damn much. They added me to that shit and I dipped right out after a minute of being in there. But I can give it to them they're funny as hell and their good to come to if you want a good laugh.

"So who's going to be the godparents?" Nathan asks, which makes me glare at him.

"I swe-."

"Mr. Moretti?" A nurse called out.

I stood up and walked over to her.

"You can see your kids in the NICU now. They'll be hooked up to a couple of monitors, but overall they're very lucky. We just had a little scare when one baby stopped breathing in the operating room. Preemies born at 29-30 weeks have a high chance of living." She says with a smile as we walk to the NICU.

My heart clenched at the thought of them dying. I mean, I know there are risks but still. I'm glad they're fine, though.

"Here put this on, then sanitize your hands." She handed me this pink cover up thing.