𝟑𝟔

When Vincenzo and Kimani finally landed, it was late at night

Kimani wanted nothing but to take a nice hot shower and to go to sleep in her and Vincenzo's comfy bed.

It had been a long drama-filled day, and she was exhausted.

Vincenzo was eager to get his hands on the person who hijacked his gun shipments, which set them back in the gunrunning area.

They needed to find out what happened at the warehouse. He couldn't have people getting away with stealing from him.

Kimani groaned as the hot water cascaded down her back in the shower.

Her tense muscles relaxed under the hot water. She heard the shower door slide open and a tired Vincenzo stepped in.

They spent their time in the shower just slowly washing each other, giving each other kisses here and there.

Kimani wrapped her towel around her and walked out of the bathroom.

She was still a little salty that it took her confronting Vincenzo in an argument for him to tell her what's going on. She hoped that he would stand on what he told her on the plane.

She dried herself off then put shea butter on. As usual, she grabbed one of Vincenzo's shirts and put it on. She wrapped her hair up, then put her bonnet on.

"I need to get my hair braided." She mumbled to herself as she finished adjusting her bonnet.

He came out of the bathroom with his towel dangerously low and his wet hair to the side. He's been growing his hair out as of late, and Kimani has taken a strong liking to it.

Kimani groaned at the sound of her ringing phone. Her mom's caller ID was showing on the screen.

"Hello?"

"I heard you were back home. I'm hoping you could come over, later on, to come to see me and your father. We haven't seen much of you these past months."

"Yeah, I'll see." Kimani internally rolled her eyes.

The reason she hasn't been around a lot was because of the awkward tension that was still there from when she found out about the so-called family business.

Amara sighed, "I hope you do come by though. I love you."

"Love you too, Ma." She said before hanging up.

Kimani responded to a few texts from the group chat with Aria and Kara, asking if she was still up for the lunch date.

She replied with a quick yeah, then put her phone on the charger. It had been normal for them to go out for lunch dates for the past couple of months.

Vincenzo was already in the bed with his eyes trained on the TV. She cuddled up to him and let sleep take over.

𐩃