𝟏𝟐

I got out of the car and quickly caught up with Kimani

I got out of the car and quickly caught up with Kimani. I was trying to walk her inside but she was too quick to get out of the car. It was late at night and I didn't need her walking alone in an almost empty parking lot.

"Stop getting out of the car without me. It's late at night." I say but she kept walking ahead of me.

I caught up to her and grabbed her arm, pulling her into me.

"Stop playing, Kimani." We were now facing each other. "You heard what I said, right?"

She nodded her head. "Words, Kimani."

"Yes, Vincenzo. You said not to get out of the car without you." She repeated.

I look down and see her thighs slightly clenched together. I smirked at her. I love the fact that I can get Kimani excited over simple things.

"I'm going to walk you up there, but I still have to go." I hesitantly told her, preparing for her attitude she was going to give me. I know she thinks I'm lying but I'm not. I'm just leaving out some minor details that she doesn't need to know right now.

She nodded her head and kept on walking. After getting her visiting pass, I walked her up to the room. I could tell she had an attitude still because I wasn't being 100% honest with her.

"Kimani wait." I kissed her forehead and then her lips. "Stop being mad I'm just going to handle something with my brother."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay, I'm not mad."

I tapped her ass lightly and smiled, "then stop rolling your eyes."

After giving her another kiss and saying bye, I turned around and made my way out of the hospital.

𐩃

When I got back to my house, I changed my clothes before heading towards the family estate.

When I arrived at the estate, I parked the car in the garage and headed inside. To my surprise, my father was there also.

I forced a smile on my face when I saw him, "Father, what are you doing here?"

He came over and tried pulling me into a hug but I stepped out of his reach so he settled for giving me a pat on the back. "I took an early flight home. Remy tells me you've got yourself a lady. I hope you're done playing around in fires and you're coming back to the family business."

Give it to Remy to run his mouth to the whole family.

"Yeah, something like that." I nodded my head at Remy so we could go.

My dad and I'd relationship was very... different. He's not the worst one, but the way he did certain shit just made our relationship a certain type of way. He's one of the reasons I left, to get away from him.

"Alright Richard, Vincenzo and I have somewhere to be." Remy takes the cue and butts in.

"Be back for dinner!" My mom yelled from the kitchen as we walked out the door. We're most likely not, but okay.