TWO

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

"I'll call Romanoff." I volunteered, taking the sheet of paper from Coulson and dialling the number on it.

"Ya?"

"I want to talk to Luchkov." I said, eyeing off Natasha's mission file, and I heard a muffled: 'It's for you.'

"Who the hell is-" Luchkov started, but I cut him off.

"You're at 114 Solenski Plaza, third floor. We have an F22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby." I said, slight sass as much as demand in my tone.

I heard some slight shuffling around, until I heard breathing, and knowing it was Natasha's, I opened my mouth.

"Hey Nat, we need you to come in." I said, and she groaned.

"Are you kidding? I'm working!"

"This takes precedence." I responded, and I could sense her frustration.

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation and this moron is giving me everything." She said, but I didn't respond.

"Look, you can't pull me out of this right now."

"Natasha, Barton's been compromised." I said, knowing that would make her come back to base, and she only took a moment to respond.

"Let me put you on hold."

Here we go.

I waited as she took down Luchkov and his men, looking at the other, who seemed slightly amused.

"Where's Barton now?" Nat asked after a little bit, and I sighed.

"We don't know."

"But he's alive." She pushed, making me frown at the table.

"We think so." I responded, looking at at Coulson.

"Fury will brief you on everything when you get back, but first, we need you to talk to the big guy." I told her, and she laughed.

"Stell, you know that Stark only trusts me about as far as he can throw me." She said, making me laugh too.

"Nat, Coulson is going to get Stark. You can go and get the big guy." I said, referring to Banner, and she sighed.

Banner is pretty scary sometimes.

"Bozhe Moi." Nat said, bidding farewell before hanging up the phone once our team had gotten to her.

That's sorted.

"So, Romanoff is in charge of getting Banner, you're sending Coulson to get Stark." I said to Fury, who nodded at me.

"What am I going to do then?" I asked, and he silently stood up, gesturing for me to follow him out the door.

"I have the most important task reserved for you, Rogers."