THIRTY FIVE

Loki Laufeyson

"Hey, so listen, we should talk." Thor said, but I shook my head.

"I disagree, open communication was
never our family's forte." I pointed out, making my brother smile.

"You have no idea, I've had quite
the revelation since we spoke last."

The door opened to reveal a bunch of guards, and I raised a gun, along with Thor.

"Hello!"

"Hi!" I said, and we blasted all the guards, moving along to the next room.

"Odin brought us together, it's
almost poetic that his death should
split us apart." I said, shrugging nonchalantly.

"We might as well be strangers now. Two sons of the crown set adrift."

A guard tried to ambush me through the door, but Thor took him out, much to my surprise.

"Thought you didn't want to talk
about it?"

•••

Stella Rogers

"I'm allowed to mope around okay? So I'm going to do that." I said, grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around myself, diving onto the couch.

It was comfortable, and I didn't see a reason to get up anytime soon.

We left Wakanda despite not being needed in Queens, deciding to rent an apartment in Brooklyn.

It's what Steve had wanted, ever since he woke up, and with four of us, we could pull it off with relative ease.

Sam, Nat, Steve and I had only been living together for a few days, but it was going pretty well, I would say.

Of course, except for the fact that I had spent everyday crying over Loki, I was doing just fine.

T'Challa said he'd give us a call when Bucky was allowed to come out of the ice, so until then, we were trying to live our lives as normally as possible.

"Alright well if you're going to mope around, then I'll do it with you." Nat said, grabbing a blanket and sitting next to me on the couch, curling her knees into her chest and resting her chin there.

"Nat please stop, I don't want to drag you down with me." I sighed, but she just shook her head.

"Here's what will happen, you'll drag me down, and then you'll get back up." She said, patting my leg comfortingly.

"I'll be right by your side when you do."

What did I do to deserve her?

The front door swung open, and before either of us could say anything, my brother spoke up.

"I was thinking, maybe a game night?" He suggested, walking into the room with Sam by his side, looking happy.

"Whatcha got there?" Nat asked, and I looked at the items in his arms.

Ice cream and monopoly.

"A game night?" I asked, and Steve nodded.

"Yeah, doesn't that sound fun?"

"It does sound a little fun." I smiled a tiny bit, and Sam looked at me.

"That means you're gonna have to get your ass off the couch, though."

"Fine, but after the game I'm coming right back here." I said, and Steve nodded in agreement.

"Deal."