FIFTY FIVE

Loki Odinson

I woke up on top of some rubble, coughing up dust while I sat up.

What the hell happened here?

I pulled myself up using some hanging debris, slowly walking out of the building and onto a platform where I could see things clearer.

Thanos.

When you mess with time, it tends to mess back.

He was sitting a fair distance away, and I couldn't help but feel glued to my spot, observing him.

I wanted to know he wasn't making any sudden movements.

I didn't know how long had passed before Tony and Steve joined me on the platform, standing either side.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked, and I kept my eyes on the Titan.

"Absolutely nothing."

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked, making me shrug.

"Somewhere under all this." Tony responded, and I nodded in agreement.

"All I know is he doesn't have them."

"So we keep it that way." Steve said, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You know it's a trap, right?" I asked, but Tony seemed nonchalant about it.

"Yeah, but I don't much care."

"Good, just as long we're in agreement about it." I said, manifesting my old Asgardian suit while I held Mjolnir tightly in my hand.

"Let's kill him properly this time."

We made the descent down, walking over to confront Thanos face to face, making him smirk when he saw us.

"You could not live with your own failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me."

"I hate this guys." I mumbled, and he stood up proudly.

"I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive, but you've shown me that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be." He monologued, looking disappointed in us.

"They will resist."

"Obviously." I scoffed, and Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn."

"I'm thankful, because now I know what I must do." Thanos said, putting on his helmet.

"I will shred this universe down to its last atom, and with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one."

"Rude." I whispered, and he stood tall, facing us.

"Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve pointed out, but Thanos didn't care at all.

"They'll never know it, because you won't be alive to tell them."

I stood back for a moment while Tony and Steve went straight for Thanos, aiming to kill.

"Loki, you know how to use that thing?" Steve said through the earpiece, and I knew he was referring to Mjolnir.

"There's only one way to find out." I responded, and Tony looked back at me before turning to the Titan.

"Okay Loki, hit me."