TWENTY NINE

Stella Rogers

Steve blocked a punch from Tony, Clint fired an arrow at Vision, Rhodey  flew after Falcon, and Bucky traded punches with T'Challa.

Nat fought Scott and Spider Man swung through the air, struggling to evade the vehicles projected at him by Wanda.

She was really coming into comfort with her powers, and I was proud of her.

"I guess we actually have to fight now, my love." I said, and Loki sighed, locking eyes with me.

"I guess we do, doll." He said, grabbing his knives out and making me blood run cold.

"What are you going to do with those?" I asked, and he made a play for me, but I blocked it with debris from the truck.

"Are you going to kill me, sweetheart?" I questioned Loki, who shook his head and threw his knife towards my shoulder, but I flipped it over, sending it flying it to the side.

"I would never kill the one person that gives me reason to live, my darling." Loki said, and I tried to hide my smile.

That was so sweet.

"Then please, don't fight me." I begged, making Loki frown at me.

"I signed the Accords, doll." Loki said, grabbing his knife off the ground and putting it away.

Before I could say anything, he summoned duplicates of himself to surround me, and I froze, not knowing which one was him.

"I have to abide by the law, especially given my past." He said, making me sigh.

Loki was right, we were divided.

He had to side with Tony, he had to side with the law.

I had to side with my brother, and I had to side with Bucky.

It was non negotiable, and neither of us were going to budge on it.

"I know, but I have to help Bucky, even if that means you can't join me." I sighed, sending debris flying at the duplicates, leaving my boyfriend standing alone, behind me.

"I thought you would understand, since you've been brainwashed too." I said, giving up on trying to reason with him.

I just wanted to explain my perspective.

I dodged a web from Spider Man, turning around to face Loki.

"I understand you, I really do." Loki said, making me smile slightly.

"But we both know that I can't help you, doll."

"Then is this the end of us?" I asked, feeling the sadness settle in, but Loki smiled at me softly.

"As upset as I am with you, I would never leave you. Not over something like this." He said, making me let out the breath I was holding, walking over towards him.

"Can you promise me that?" I whispered, and Loki put his knives away, taking my hands in his and holding them as if it would be the last time.

It wouldn't be the last time though, right?

"I promise you, my darling."

He promised.

"We gotta go, that guy's probably in Siberia by now." Bucky said, and I sighed.

"We gotta draw out the flyers, I'll take Vision." Steve ordered, and I looked at Loki.

"I'm so sorry, my love." I whispered, and maneuvered a truck between Loki and I, giving me time to escape from his sight.