ONE

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

It had been two years since I woke up, and everyday dragged on without Steve in my life.

'I'd hate to step on your-'

Then, the darkness.

I remember waking up like it was yesterday, though.

The bed was softer than I was used to, and the pillows were fluffy.

I immediately knew I wasn't in my bed, and I feared the worst.

Fury put me at ease though, explaining my situation, and how I had been asleep for sixty eight years.

I remember crying for months, feeling the loss of Bucky and Steve, not knowing where to go or what to do.

That was, until Fury introduced me to Natasha.

She and I trained together, and she helped me accept my situation, and process my grief.

I became accustomed to my new world because of her, and Fury.

It was after that, I met Barton, Coulson and Hill.

The helicopter landing snapped me out of my thoughts, and Maria, Fury and I stepped off to meet Coulson, waiting on the rooftop for us.

"How bad is it?" Fury asked, and my stomach dropped when I saw Coulson's expression.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know."

We entered the facility, passing technicians who were eagerly grabbing essentials and running out of the building.

When fury told me they had acquired the Tesseract, I scolded him.

They didn't know how powerful it was, but they were about to find out.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Coulson said, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Since when was NASA authorising Selvig to test on the Tesseract?" I asked Fury, who shook his head.

"They didn't." He responded, but Coulson looked defensive.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room." He said, looking at us.

"Spontaneous advancement."

"It just turned itself on?" Hill asked, and I shuddered at the thought.

"What are the energy levels?" Fury asked, and Coulson sighed.