THIRTY EIGHT

Stella Rogers

I walked in the Avengers facility with Steve and Nat by my side, while Wanda and Sam helped carry Vision.

"Mr Secretary." Steve greeted Ross on a hologram, and he looked displeased to see us.

Get over yourself.

"You got some nerve, I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Nat said nonchalantly, and Ross scoffed.

"The world's on fire, and you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking for permission." Steve said, making me smirk. 

"Since Tony is missing, Earth just lost her best defender." I said, feeling worried about Tony's whereabouts, hoping he would be able to come home.

"So we're here to fight." Steve said, taking a step forward and looking at Ross.

"And if you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you too."

"Arrest them." Ross ordered Rhodey, who nodded.

"All over it." He said, swiping off the hologram and smiling at us.

He definitely wasn't going to arrest us.

"That's a court-martial, it's great to see you guys." Rhodey smiled, and Steve was the first to hug him.

"You too, Rhodey."

We all hugged Rhodey, who took a step back to look at us and shook his head.

"Well, you guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam smiled and someone cleared their throat, entering the room.

"Uh, I think you look great." Bruce said, and I smiled at him, walking over and pulling him in for a hug.

"Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce." Nat said, and he gave her a nervous nod.

"Nat."

"This is awkward." Sam whispered, and Bruce took a good look at all of us.

"We should probably fill eachother in, right?" I asked, and everyone nodded before we walking into a seperate room.

Bruce told us about the Children of Thanos, Tony and Doctor Strange, how they were all on their way to Titan, and we told him about what he had missed during his hiatus.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked, referring to the Children of Thanos, and I sighed, sitting on the couch next to Steve.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda said, making Bruce nod.

"We need all hands on deck, where's Clint?"

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal." Nat said, and I smiled sympathetically at the thought of them

"Yeah, it was too tough on their families, so they're on house arrest."

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked, and Steve cleared his throat.

"Ant Man."

"There's an Ant Man and a Spider Man?" Bruce gasped, making me chuckle slightly.

"Spider Man is the kid Tony chased after on the space ship." I said, and Bruce nodded in understanding.

"No wonder he wanted to save him."

I let my mind wander to Loki, thinking about what happened to him.