FIFTY TWO

A.N: I'll be changing who goes to Vormir in this book, I want it to be a different duo other than Nat and Clint!

P.S: Sorry in advance for who I've selected, a few of you are gonna be mad at me :(

Loki Odinson

I sat next to Bucky in a meeting room while everyone else got comfortable

Steve, Tony and Bruce paced around the front, leading the planning whole a hologram displayed all six infinity stones.

"Okay, so the 'how' works." Steve said, and we silently listened to him, letting him have the floor.

"Now we gotta figure out the when and the where."

"Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones." Bruce piped up, and Tony chuckled, walking around the room.

"Well I'd substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn well near been killed' by one of the six infinity stones."

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said, and I felt almost childlike wonder coming from him.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce said, making me tap a pen on the table in thought.

"Our history, so not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony pointed out, and Clint nodded.

"Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct." Bucky agreed, and Steve looked at me.

Here we go.

"Let's start with the Aether then, shall we?" I asked, and he nodded, smiling reassuringly.

"Loki, what do you know?"

I stood up, brushing my pants and walking to the front, taking a seat next to Steve.

"Where to start?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well first of all, the Aether is not a stone, someone called it a stone before." I said, and Steve gave me a confused look.

"It's more of an angry sludge, so someones gonna need to amend that." I said, thinking about my families history.

"Here's an interesting story though, many years ago my grandfather had to hide the stones from Dark Elves, except he wasn't really my grandfather, since I'm adopted." I said, and a hologram of Jane Foster appeared through the flashes of the vanished.

"How convenient, that's Jane." I said, gesturing to the hologram before it disappeared.

"She's an old flame of my brother's. The Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very sick, so Thor had to take her to Asgard, to try and fix her." I chuckled, looking around the room.

"This was right after I was put in prison, so I wasn't there when they arrived, or when my mother died." I said, feeling upset at the thought of her.

"Well, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever." I said, and Steve put a hand on my shoulder reassuringly, and I bit my lip, taking a breath.

"Sorry for rambling, the best place to find the Aether is on Asgard."

"Awesome, eggs? Breakfast?" Tony asked, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine thankyou."

•••

We ended up making breakfast, and Rocket paced on the table in front of us while we ate.