TEN

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

We landed in the middle of the busy streets, seeing chaos unfold around us.

"Oh my-"

A large explosion rocked the streets, blowing up cars and ripping out the windows around us.

"Stell! You okay?!" Steve asked, and I nodded, taking a shard of glass out of my arm, wincing.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine."

The Chitauri unleashed, filling the streets and starting fires as they set cars and storefronts aflame.

"I take that back." I sighed, and Steve gave me a side glance.

"I figured."

Soldiers and police took their positions, covering the streets and firing back while Tony led a trail of Chitauri towards his tower.

"Stark, we're heading north east." Nat said, and Tony responded immediately.

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?"

I rolled my eyes, sending a lamp post flying towards some aliens and impaling them.

"Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

Nat and Clint stayed in the Quinjet, taking out the machine gun and letting loose on the Chitauri, firing with no mercy.

"You see them?" Nat asked, and I turned around, nodding.

"Yeah!"

Clint aimed the minigun at Loki, who was fighting Thor on the Stark Tower balcony, but Loki fired a blast of energy at the quinjet.

"Stella, little help?" Nat asked, and I turned to look at back at the quinjet, seeing it catch on fire from the blast, and spin out of control.

"I've got you."

I carefully manipulated it to stop spinning, keeping it under my control until I placed it on the street.

"Hurry up! Get out!" I exclaimed, sighing of relief when Nat and Clint climbed out just before the jet exploded.

"You guys alright?" Steve asked as they approached us, nodding.

"We're fine." Clint said, and Nat took her gun out while he drew an arrow.

The city came to a quiet halt, making shivers run down my spine.

"This can't be good news." I whispered, and we waited in anticipation.

"Next wave?" Nat asked, and before any of us could respond, a deep, primal roar came from the portal.

A leviathan flew out, and I stood in disbelief.

This can't be happening.

It passed over our heads, and the Chitauri it was carrying jumped off, resuming the chaos among the streets.