SEVEN

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

I found Thor and Nat outside the labs, so I gave them both a smile before we walked in.

Something felt off, though.

Nat had her eyes glued on Banner, and he was staring right back at her.

He was mad.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked, and my eyes widened.

He knows.

Banner noticed my expression, and scoffed, looking at me.

"You knew, too?"

Steve gave me a disappointed glance, but I was too focused on Bruce to pay that much attention to him.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Nat asked, and he looked annoyed.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you." I said, and he turned to look at me.

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"Not that." I responded, and Nat crossed her arms over her chest.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." She pointed out, making Bruce nod.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy."

Fair enough.

"I'd like to know why shield is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." He said sharply, and I sighed.

"Because of him." Fury said, pointing at Thor, who looked taken aback

"Me?" He asked, and Fury nodded.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town."

That was rough.

"We learnt that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained, but Thor seemed unconvinced.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" I asked, and Fury pointed in my direction as of to agree with me.

"And, you're not the only threat." I said as politely as possible, letting Fury continue.

"The world is filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asked sarcastically, and I looked over at him.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor pointed out, and Steve looked confused.