FIFTY ONE

Loki Odinson

I stood next to Steve, watching the Benatar land in the yard of the compound, causing all the contents of Scott's taco to collapse.

It was a slightly amusing sight, to say the least.

Nebula and Rocket walked out the ship and up to Scott, looking happy and hopeful to be here.

"Hey, humie! Where's Big Green?"

"Uh, kitchen I think." Scott responded, looking in awe at Nebula, who he'd never actually seen before.

"That's awesome."

"Rhodey, careful on re-entry." Nebula said into her earpiece, and I was satisfied to know they'd gotten him on board.

Well, Tony did.

"There's an idiot on the landing zone."

Rhodey landed in front of Scott while Rocket and Nebula walked inside, nodding in recognition at us.

"Good to see you." I said to Nebula, and Rocket gave me a smile.

That was a lot, for him.

It had truly been a while.

"What's up, regular sized man?" Rhodey asked Scott, who looked just about ready to have a heart attack, which was amusing.

Bruce walked out the compound, giving Scott a new taco while I turned to face Steve.

"Let's find Bucky while the others round up the rest of the crew." He said, and I nodded in agreement.

"That sounds alright to me."

•••

It didn't take long for the group to assemble, and Tony walked in, carrying plenty of supplies over his shoulder with Rhodey, seemingly his right hand man on the mission.

"Ratchet, how's it going?" Tony asked Rocket, who was working on something underneath the glass platform he'd been building.

"It's Rocket, take it easy." He responded, pausing his work to face Tony.

"You're only a genius on Earth, pal."

I missed Rocket, he always knew exactly what to say.

Steve got my attention, gesturing to a side room that Bucky was in, and I followed him over to it.

Inside was Bucky, Scott and Bruce.

Scott was wearing a white and red suit, which looked completely new to me.

"Time travel suit?" I asked, and Bucky nodded, standing to the side and watching Bruce set Scott up.

"Not bad." I said, eyeing it up and down.

Green would be better.

Perhaps a nice yellow, too.

Bruce touched the suit to put a glass tube inside, making Scott start freaking out, much to my amusement.

"Hey, easy!"

"I'm being very careful." Bruce responded calmly, and Steve just looked at me, shrugging.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful!" Bruce defended himself again, and Scott held up the little bottle.