THIRTEEN

Stella Rogers

A large bang sound filled my ears as Tony flew into a forcefield surrounding the Hydra base, making me laugh loudly.

"Shit!"

"Language!" Steve responded, and I rolled my eyes, laughing to myself as I impaled a soldier on a tree.

"Steve, we're in a new age, we can swear if we want to." I told him, and I locked eyes with Loki across the field, seeing him fight a Hydra soldier.

Loki stabbed him, skillfully flipping his knife and smirking at me, licking his lips.

Damn.

"Just because we can, doesn't mean I want to, Stell." Steve responded, and I shrugged to myself.

"Alright."

"Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" He asked, and Jarvis took a moment to assess the situation before responding.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here." Thor spoke up, and I sent a solider flying into Loki, who stabbed him without hesitation.

Nice teamwork.

"We make a divine team, do we not?" Loki asked once he'd walked up to me, and I shrugged.

"If that's what you like."

"Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it, at long last." Thor said, making me smile at the thought.

"Would you look at that?" I asked, and Loki turned around.

"What?"

I quickly formed a snowball with my powers, sending it hurdling into Loki's face when he turned to look back at me.

"You're going to pay for that, my darling."

"Oh, am I now?" I asked, sarcasm evident in my tone, and he nodded.

"Soon, you will."

"Too scared to fight me now?" I asked Loki, smirking at him before sending a solider soaring into Thor.

I watched Thor drop him from a large height, killing him on impact to the floor.

"Goodness no," Loki said, placing his hand on the back on my neck, caressing the front with his thumb.

"I don't have enough time to do what I want to do, right now."

"What would that be?" I asked, and Loki leaned down to me, stopping before our lips made contact.

"Wouldn't you like to know, doll?"

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Nat pointed out, and I stepped away from Loki, looking at him.

"Too late."

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint agreed, and I impaled a soldier on some sharp debris.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Tony asked, and Steve came in on his motorbike, making me turn to watch him.

"I know." He said, throwing his bike at some soldiers driving up in their truck, causing everything to explode.

"It just slipped out."

"Clint!" I heard Nat scream, and I knew Clint had been hurt.

Next thing I knew, Steve had been knocked over by something speeding past him.