Choosing sides?

"The answer is no."

"But Vixen-" James whined.

"I'm not making a polyjuice potion so you guys can turn into Filch and scare the first years. I'm just not doing it." I whacked my brother and Peter with my Potions book.

"You did it once!" Peter protested.

"No, I didn't. Don't you remember? That was when Myrtle appeared and made me spill half of the ingredients. Bottom line is, I'm not doing it." I rolled my eyes and continued to write the Potions essay. "Besides, we're drowning in homework and it seems to never stop."

"But, Vix-"

"Answer is still no. Now shut up and tell me the effects of salamander blood on the Cure for Boils"

...

"Jade, you have to see this!" Remus ran halfway across the courtyard with a newspaper in hand.

"Rem, I'm in the middle of something." I gestured towards my Herbology books and a confused Regulus who I was currently tutoring.

"How are you, Regulus? But this won't take five minutes. You have to read this." I looked over at Reg who nodded and continued to do read over the study notes I helped him make.

"Five minutes, Remus. He has the big test tomorrow." I stood up and we walked towards an empty tree.

"The wizard finally has a name." I took the newspaper and started to read it.

"More attacks!? That's the fourth one since classes started." I said sadly. "Lord Voldemort? Are you shitting me? When did this came in?"

"Just got the owl now. Everybody at Study Hall was talking about it."

"And how did you get out of study hall?" I smirked raising my eyebrow at him.

"Why are you out of study hall?" Remus imitated me and I laughed.

"Tutoring. What's your excuse?"

"I finished my homework three nights ago and I was helping James with Arithmancy. But I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be the talk of the century in the snake pit."

"This is going to be hell, isn't it Moony?" I looked over at Regulus who was struggling with his studies. "What about the younger ones? Are they going to be talked into this by their parents or by fellow students?"

"I don't know, Vix. Just watch out for Regulus, for Sirius' sake." He looked at Regulus with a sad look.

"I'll try my best, Moony. I promise that I'll try my best."

...

"That's why Mandrakes scream so much." I smiled.

"Jade, I don't think that's the reason." Regulus rolled his eyes laughing.

"I know but I made you laugh, didn't I?"

"That you did, Jade."

"Potter! You're close with the Blacks right?" Theodore Nott sat down next to me as Regulus and I were still studying in the Slytherin common room.

"Don't you have prefect duties, Nott?" I rolled my eyes and looked at Regulus. "Regulus, why don't we wrap this up? I don't want you to burn out."

Regulus caught the hint and nodded.

"All right. Thanks again, Jade." He smiled and left.

"You didn't answer my question, Potter."

"Why do you care, Nott? Aren't you also close to the Blacks? And besides, you people say I'm a blood-traitor. Now if you'll excuse me, we have a bunch of homework and tomorrow I'm planning on not talking to you for the rest of my life. Dreadful chat though, but I'll leave you to do prefect things." I stood up but Nott pulled me back down. "Touch me again Nott, and that will be the last thing you ever do." I pulled my arm away from him.