A Date?

~Sirius POV~

I woke up to a curtain opening and I winced at the sudden exposure to sunlight.

"Merlin, James. This is the fifth time in the last three hours." I rubbed my eyes and made sure to not move so much since Jade is still fast asleep.

"Just wanted to make sure there's no funny business. And to remind you that breakfast is ready." He looked over at Jade and smiled slightly. "She looks at peace. Normally when she has a nightmare, she doesn't sleep in fears of getting another one. It's actually relieving to see her sleeping so calmly."

I nodded and looked at her. She was still hugging my waist and her head was on my chest.

"You really do care for her, Pads?" Remus asked once he saw us. "I'm taking a picture of that. Peter hand me the camera."

"She means everything to me, Moony. I was actually willing to sacrifice my friendship with James in hopes of being able to call her mine." SNAP "I'm keeping that picture by the way."

Peter nodded and handed me the photo.

"Words can only get you so far, Padfoot

"Words can only get you so far, Padfoot. I need to see some action if I'm going to give you my approval." James sat on the bed and gave a longing look to Jade. "Didi, we know you're awake. Stop smiling."

"Don't expose me like that James." I heard Jade mumble and move closer to me. I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Morning, sunshine." She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"You have morning breath. Go brush your teeth or something." She mumbled again and stood from the bed. "James, I'm borrowing one of your jumper. I'm freezing cold."

"But you're wearing one. And you always steal mine."

"This is Sirius' because I got cold last night. And we live together so that counts as sharing. Sharing is caring, big brother." She smirked and opened his trunk.

"You can keep it, you know? I don't mind." She smiled big and nodded.

"If that means that she won't keep stealing my jumpers, so be it." James rolled his eyes and pushed his sister out of the room. "Go wash up and we'll join you in the Great Hall in thirty minutes." Jade gave James the bird and we all laughed.

"It's Saturday."

"That doesn't give you an excuse to not shower and we're all hungry. Thirty minutes, little sister. You and Sirius aren't joined at the hip." James slammed the door in her face and we heard a colorful vocabulary coming from the other side until she fell silent and finally left. "And that's how you do it."

"She's going to kill you in your sleep, James." Remus said astonished. "Didn't you hear what she said? I feel threatened and it wasn't directed at me."