SIX

Ella was drinking coffee when Amara opened the front door.

"Where the hell have you been young girl?" She asked.

"Good evening, Mom. I went to see out with a friend." She said and walked up to her.

"A friend. That keeps you away from home until seven pm?"

"But Mom, I'm twenty. Can't I go out?" She asked and Ella shook her head.

"You didn't tell me. You could have texted. But nothing. You didn't even answer your calls." Ella said and Amara sighed.

"Mom..."

"It's fine. Everyone wants to keep away from me. Fine." She replied and climbed up the stairs, heading to the pool.

"Mom." Amara called.

"I don't want to talk to you." She replied and walked faster.

She got to the pool and sighed. She sat down, letting her legs into the water and looking up at the sky.

"Why did you make my life like this, God?" She asked and frowned, looking around her.

"You gave me all this, but yet my life seems like it's upside down. I'm being called names and it hurts me badly. Can't you help me? Can't you?"

"Well, I guess I'm so bossy and strict that people want to run away from me." She said and kicked the water.

"They won't run away from you." She heard a masculine voice say.

"Robert." She called and turned around. He was behind her and he grinned. She stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Please don't ever leave me. I...I'm so hurt." She said and he stroked her hair.

"I'm so sorry baby. I won't leave you." He replied and kissed her forehead. "I love you. So much."

"I love you too." She replied and kissed his cheek.

"I'll never run away. I'm here. Yes, you're feisty and bossy, but I like it. You're kinda soft when it comes to family."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes, you are. But you're really...bossy on the outside." He replied and she giggled.

"I'm sorry about earlier." She said and he looked into her eyes.

"I should be saying sorry. My family has hurt you a lot." He said and she kissed his nose.

"Hmm. We're even then." She grinned and pulled him closer to her. She stood on her toes to kiss him, but he stopped her.

"Hey, I'm the boss lady here."

"I'm the boss man too." He said and tickled her. She laughed loudly and then he bent down to kiss her.

"We wouldn't want the stars to get jealous, do we?" He asked against her lips.

"No." She replied.

"Good. Cause, we're going in." He said and carried her into his arms and walked past the door and into her bedroom.