TWENTY SEVEN

He hugged her tightly. More than ever. She was short of words and all she could do was sob.

"I missed you so much. I'm so sorry." He said and kissed her forehead. 

"I'm sorry too." She replied and kissed his knuckles.

Angela hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. Bayo also hugged her. He was short of words.

She stopped talking, her eyes slowly closing.

"Take me home." She whispered before falling. Robert caught her before she hit the ground and began to tap her cheek lightly.

"Ella. Wake up." Robert begged.

"She's extremely tired. We need to take her home." Angela said and they all nodded. Robert carried her in his arms and they began to head out.

"Did you really knock that guy out?" Robert asked.

"Yes, I did. What do you expect?"

"Peacock." Angela muttered and chuckled. Her joy was short lived when she began to scream.

It was a man with a gun.

Bayo was lucky to have missed the bullet. He quickly grabbed the man and struggled with him.

"Go with Angela." He said to Robert.

"No. I won't leave you." Angela said and grabbed an iron rod nearby. Robert carried Ella in his arms and ran as far as he could.

Angela winced as the man punched Bayo with no remorse. She struck him with the rod and he fell down.

"You fool!" She screamed at Bayo and hugged him.

"I'm not going anywhere." He replied and patted her back.

"Don't think of doing so." She replied.

"Let's go, love birds o!" Robert shouted from outside.

They ran outside and met with Robert. They all entered the car and headed to the house. Angela had Ella's head on her lap at the back seat while Bayo sat with Robert at the front.

Robert's phone rang during the drive home.

"Answer it and put it on loudspeaker." Robert instructed Bayo. Bayo did as he was told and he listened.

"Sir, this is the DPO. Some of my men are at the location now. I also have some men at your house. Is Miss Ella with you?"

"Yes, she is. Is there a problem at my house?" Robert asked.

"Yes. Some people broke into your house. We have them hostage already. Miss Okoro, Miss Amara and her boyfriend, a Mr Anthony..."

"What?" Angela asked silently.

"Okay. That's very good. Take them into custody. They are the ones behind my fiancee's disappearance." Robert said.

"Yes Sir! We'll update you soon."

"That bastard, he tied me up! He tied me up!" They heard Amaka's voice in the background.

The call ended.

"Yes!" Angela muttered and pat Ella's head.
"You'll get your justice!"

Robert smiled. This was going to be a fresh start between he and his darling.