TWENTY SIX

Ella sat at the end of the room. She was cold. Very cold. She hoped that Angela had received her message. She wondered what was going on.

She had left the phone on for a while. She was surprised that Amaka hadn't alerted the others about the loss of her second phone.

She shivered as a gentle breeze came in through the destroyed window. She wished she could just die. That would be better.

She heard the clicking of the door and sat up. She closed her eyes and she heard the door open.

"Make sure she doesn't go anywhere." She heard Amara instruct.

"Yes ma'am."

The door closed again and she opened her eyes.

God protect Robert and the others. Keep them safe.

~*~

It was very dark outside. Robert alighted from the car, Bayo followed suit while Angela remained seated.

The police had instructed them not to head over to the location but Robert didn't listen.

"Should we wait for the police?" Bayo asked and Robert shook his head.

"The place is quiet. The police would come with their 'wowing' sounds." Robert replied and rolled his eyes. 

"Let's go in then." Bayo replied and Angela alighted.

"I'll find the guard and silence him." Bayo said and Angela stiffened.

"Okay. I and Angela will get to Ella." Robert replied and began to move.

Angela hugged Bayo before he could take a step.

"Stay safe." She said and kissed his cheek. She released him from the hug and walked up to Robert.

Bayo smiled and followed suit. The house seemed so creepy in the dark. With their flashlights, they found the entrance of the building.

"Who's there?" They heard a voice ask and they quickly put off their lights.

They heard footsteps and light illuminated the corridor. Bayo found another route and slipped in.

Angela gasped and covered her mouth. She couldn't afford to put him in trouble.

She and Robert looked again to find Bayo beside the man.

"Hey." Bayo greeted and knocked him out with a block of cement.

Angela and Robert heaved a sigh and came out of their hiding place. They put on their flashlights and began to search for any door.

Bayo searched the pocket of the guard and found some keys. He also took out  his gun and unloaded it. He followed the rest.

"Ella!" Robert shouted and he heard muffled screams.

Ella was sure she heard someone call her. She was very sure.

"Ella." Bayo called again and Ella struggled to sit up.

"Robert!" She tried to scream. But it was in vain.

She tried to reach the door and began to knock as loudly as her strength let her.

"I think I hear a noise." Angela said and they all nodded.

They walked towards the door and fumbled with knob.

"Ella!" Robert called again.

"Bayo." She replied and he fumbled with the knob.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes. You need keys to open the door." She replied.

Bayo brought out the keys he had taken from the guard's pocket and Robert tried key after key. The door finally opened.

Robert looked at the figure before him. Ella stared at him.

"Ella." He called.

"Robert." She replied and he took her into his arms.

~*~

Our lovers have met again 🍾🍾💃🏽💃🏽
Yippee...💃🏽💃🏽

Another update soon ❤