TWENTY ONE

Ella opened her eyes slowly.

I'm alive, she thought and sat up. She looked around and she raised an eyebrow. She was on a bed with a side table close to the bed. There was a broken glass cup on the table and some dried up flowers.

"What place is this?" She asked herself.

She heard the sound of someone's footsteps and she looked around again.

"Who's there?" She asked as the door to the room opened.

"Dear Miss Coker." She heard someone say.

That...that voice, Ella thought and shook her head.

"How was your death trip? I must say you survived that." The figure stepped into the light and Ella gasped.

"Anthony?" She asked and he only laughed.

"What? Are you surprised? You shouldn't be, Miss Coker." He said and walked closer to her and grabbed her chin.

"You're under me now." He added and spat on her face. Ella forced of his hand and pushed him away.

"Get me out of here you bastard!" She shouted and he laughed a little loudly this time.

"Don't you have ears?" He asked and pulled her left ear, squeezing and twisting. "You're under me, Ella Coker." Ella winced and closed her eyes and the pain went through.

He let go and walked up to the television that she hadn't noticed. He switched it on and put it on a news channel.

ELLA COKER'S BODY, NOT YET FOUND.

"We still haven't found Miss Coker's body yet. We have searched the scene of the accident thoroughly and beyond but it's not been found yet. For now, we can declare her missing until we confirm that she's dead." The detective replied to the journalist.

"We heard him. For now, fingers are crossed. We hope she is alive." The journalist replied.

"I'm here!" Ella screamed and bowed her head. "I'm here."

"You're such a fool." Anthony replied and laughed. "Even your fiance is worried sick about you."

He pointed to someone on the television screen and Ella inhaled deeply.

"Robert!"

"Well, you're gonna be here for a very long time. Have a nice stay bitch." He muttered and switched off the television. He banged the door and Ella fell down to the floor.

"No, no." She said and bowed her head.