SEVENTEEN

Ella and Robert were talking in the sitting room when Bayo and Angela came in. Angela was cleaning her face with a handkerchief.

"My girl." Ella called and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry okay."

"I didn't mean to cry." She said and Ella nodded.

"Why don't we watch a movie before you guys go home?" Ella asked and they all nodded.

Angela went into the kitchen to bring popcorn and chips, while Robert brought drinks.

As Ella played Jumanji, they all settled down to watch.

"What is The Rock doing?" Angela asked laughing loudly.

"Who are you asking?" Bayo asked and laughed. "He looks like a clown."

They both turned to Ella and Robert who were already fast asleep. Ella had her head on Robert's chest and Robert had his arm over her.

Angela placed her palm over her mouth and began to laugh.

"Shh. Don't wake them up." Bayo whispered and she nodded.

"They look cute." Angela said and chuckled.

They kept watching the movie for a while until someone put off the Television.

"Hey. Why did you put it off?" Angela asked sitting up.

It was Amara.

"The fun is over. You can go home." She said, referring to Bayo. Bayo hissed and laid back on the chair.

"I'm talking to you, divorcee." She said and Bayo stood up abruptly.

"Don't test me bitch!" He shouted.

Ella and Robert woke up from their sleep and looked confused.

"Amara what is your problem? What is it?" Ella asked.

"I'm going to bed." Angela said and sighed. "Excuse me." She climbed up the stairs quickly and they heard her door close.

"I hate you." Amara said and went up the stairs too.

"I think the fun is over." Robert said and kissed Ella. "Don't worry. I'll see you at work, tomorrow."

"Okay...Bye. Bye Bayo." She said and they left.

"Oh God." She said and slumped unto the sofa.

~*~

Ella walked into her building. As usual, her workers were talking and blabbering.

Uche walked up to her hurridely.

"Ma'am, we just lost Ten million naira." Uche said. She was shaking.

"Ten what?" Ella asked, pulling off her glasses.

"Someone withdrew the money last night." She said as they got to Ella's office.

Ella banged her table and then she saw an envelope. She tore it open and read it.

She frowned and sighed.

"I knew that boy was up to no good. He has resigned."

"The secretary?" Uche asked and Ella touched her forehead.

"Yes. Apparently, he got to withdraw the money. That Bastard!"

"Ma'am, calm down."

"No I won't! I knew he was up to no good." Ella said and walked up and down the office.

"Call me the DPO. Now!" Ella said to her and she ran out of the office before she could say any other thing.

"Amara! Anthony!" She shouted and banged her table again.