THIRTEEN

Ella was typing on her computer when she heard a knock.

"Yes, come in." She said and sighed.

"Ma'am, Mr Robert is here to see you." A male voice said and she looked up.

"You." She said and pointed at Anthony. "I haven't forgiven you for screwing my daughter in my house."

"I'm really sorry Ma'am." He replied and she looked away, waving her hand at him. He left and Robert walked in a minute later.

"You're still angry at the chap huh?" He asked and walked towards her.

"Of course I am. He..." She was cut off.

"I know." He said and kissed her cheek. "It will be fine. Don't think about it."

"But..."

"Amara is grown up now." Robert said and sat on her table.

"Amara is just twenty, Robert. Twenty. The legal age for adulthood might be eighteen but Amara is still my baby girl." She said and looked out the window.

"She's still the innocent girl I picked from under the rain. She was dying when I found her. She was vulnerable and alone." She closed her eyes.

"And Jide...that bastard touched my baby girl. Maybe...that's why she decided to have a boyfriend now. I really don't blame her."

"It's alright baby." He replied and held her hand, kissing her knuckles. "You're so beautiful."

"I know." She said and smiled. "Thank you."

"Let's go? For lunch?" He asked and she nodded.

She took out her purse and stood up. Robert pulled her closer to himself and kissed her. She rubbed the tip of her thumb on his cheek and they walked out of her office.

                                ~*~

"So, I've been secretly checking into your background, Baby." Robert said and Ella coughed.

He handed her a glass of water and she drank from the glass and then she sighed.

"What did you find?" She asked as she  crossed her fingers.

"Well, you have an extended family." He said and she looked at him, eyes wide, mouth open. "Yes. You have an aunt, your mother's sister. She has a few children and they're all married except one."

"Wow. I have a family?" She asked, placing her hand on her chest.

"Yes. I arranged for Angela to meet you, next week. She's delighted and is eager to see you."

"Oh my God." Ella said and stood up, running to Robert and began to kiss his cheek. "You're the best. You're the best. You're the beeeesssst."

"I love you baby. So much."

"I love you too Robert. Sooo much." She said and kissed him.