SIXTEEN

It's Dinner time!

Ella, Amara and Angela had been cooking thought the afternoon to get prepared for the dinner with Robert.

Well don't be surprised. Ella has learnt how to cook.

Ella was arranging the plates on the table when the door bell rang.

"It must be them. Angela help me get the door." Ella muttered quickly as she arranged the pillows.

"Mr Robert." Angela squealed as she hugged him.

"Angela, how are you?"

"I'm great. Come on in." She said and then gasped.

Ella kissed Robert and then turned to face Angela.

"What is it?" Ella asked.

"Em...it's just...we...I..." She was stuttering.

"We had bumped into each other at the airport." Bayo said and smiled. "I'm Bayo, nice to meet you, Angela."

"Nice to...meet you too." Angela replied looking flushed.

"Miss Coker, it's finally nice to meet you. I'm Bayo Williams. Robert's cousin." He said and she opened her arms for a hug.

"I've heard a lot about you, dear. How are you doing?" She asked as she released him.

"I'm great. You must be Amara, I presume." He said, pointing to Amara.

She nodded and sighed. She's been reacting differently lately.

"Nice to meet you, Bayo." She said and grinned. "Please I'm starving!"

"Yes, let's eat!" Angela shouted and ran around the table. She ended up seating next to Bayo.

They said a little prayer and then they began to eat. Midway into the meal, Ella cleared her throat.

"So Bayo, how do you feel after the operation?" She asked.

Bayo coughed a little and then smiled.

"Well, all I need to do is to experiment." He said and Robert and Ella laughed.

Angela and Amara looked at each other. They were lost.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I need to get married though. My last marriage was a mess."

Angela chocked up as she spilled water over her dress.

"Sorry." She said and wiped at her dress.

"You were married?"

"Yup. I'm Thirty three now." He said and Angela gulped.

"So...why didn't it work out?" She asked curiously. Ella looked at Bayo to see him tensed.

"Dear, that will be for later, okay." She said and Angela looked at Bayo.

"I'm so sorry if you're embarrassed. I was just inquisitive." She said and Amara scoffed.

"Like we care to know." She stated.

"Amara!" Ella called.

"What?"

"She isn't your age mate, Amara." Ella said.

"And so?"

"Let it be, Aunt. I guess I'm not just welcome here." Angela said and pushed out her chair. "Excuse me."

"Angela..."

"Angy..." But she had left.

Ella sighed and closed her eyes.

"Amara, this is not you. What's your problem?" Ella asked and Amara looked down at her food and began to chew.

"Can...I go after her?" Bayo asked and Ella nodded. Bayo nodded and stood up, walking through the path which Angela took. 

Robert held her hand and squeezed lightly. Then they both stood up to clear the dishes while Amara sat, still eating and paying no attention to them.

Ella sighed as soon as she dropped the plates.

"Baby." Robert called, hugging her from behind and kissing her neck. "Don't get stressed about this, okay."

"She's behaving differently, Baby. I'm worried. I'm sure it's because of that boyfriend of hers."

"You can't conclude sweetheart." Robert said and turned her to face him. "You know how these children are."

"But..." He cut her off by kissing her lips and pulling her into himself.

"It's okay to be worried." He murmured against her lips. "Just calm down."

"Thank you." She replied and hugged him tightly. They stood for a while and then Robert chuckled.

"You're squeezing me." He said.

"Am I stronger than you baby?" She asked.

"Of course not." Robert scoffed.

"Yes." She said.

"No." He replied and she tickled his side.

"Yes, I am." She replied and tickled him as he laughed harder.

"Yes you are." He said and she hugged him again, kissing his jaw.

Amara was standing in the doorway and then she walked back into the dinning.

"Penny for your thoughts." She said to herself and grinned.

                                ~*~

What do y'all think is wrong with Amara?

I ain't gonna tell you though.
Check for more updates soon.

Please vote, comment and share.
Love y'all.

Ella 🌠