ELEVEN

Amara? With my secretary?

"What the fvck is going on here?" Ella asked, almost screaming.

I don't even remember his name.

The secretary stood up hurriedly, wearing his boxers, while Amara sat up, covering her body with the duvet.

"Amara, with my secretary?" She asked.

"Mom, I...I can explain."

"I hate it when everyone says that. You were caught red handed, Amara. And you..." She said pointing at her secretary.

"Did you try to destroy me and my family? So you decided to start with my daughter?"

"Mom, no. He...he's my boyfriend." She said and Ella looked back at her.
"His name is Anthony and we've been dating from school. So...he..."

"Are you kidding me? Are you stupid?" Ella asked and then walked up to Anthony and grabbed his arm.

"I'm going to kill you." She threatened and slapped him.

Amara quickly put on a gown and walked up to them.

"Mom, I love him. I was the one who encouraged him to apply for a job at your office." She said and held Ella's hand.

"I...I'm really disappointed in you, Amara. You couldn't confide in me, your mother. I'm so disappointed."

"You aren't even my real mother. Why are you so worked up?" Amara asked and Ella froze on the spot.

That statement hurt her deeply and she let go of Anthony's arm and stepped back.

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." Amara begged as Ella turned and walked away.

"Mom, I'm so sorry." She said and Ella banged her bedroom door.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." She said to Anthony.

"Shh. It's okay." He said and hugged her. He stroked her hair as she sobbed.

"Don't cry. She loves you." He said and looked ahead. He had a very huge smile on his face.

                                 ~*~

Ella sat on the bar stool in the sitting room and drank another glass of whiskey.

"I'm...so so unfortunate." She said and laughed loudly. She looked around her, her sight blurring.

"This is so crazy. Why am I seeing two glasses?" She asked herself and laughed. "It's because you're crazy."

Amara walked up to her and sighed.

"Mom. Mom I'm sorry."

"You're free to do...anything you want, okay..." She said and laughed. "Besides, I'm not your mo...ther."

"You're my mother. Please I'm so sorry."

"No, I won't...forgive you oh. No, no, no." She replied and laughed. "Where is he? Where is that boy?"

Anthony came out, completely dressed. Ella stood up from the stool and walked up to him, her steps faltering.

She grabbed his collar and spat on his face.

"Now...get out of my house you son of a b*tch." She said and pulled him towards the door.

"Mom, please..."

"Shut up." She replied and opened the door and pushed him outside. She slammed the door and turned to Amara. 

"Don't talk to me ever again." She said and climbed up the stairs, hiccuping as she talked.

Support me by voting, commenting and sharing.

Thank you.