Gene and Ace

Requested by @Jochu2005

Frowning, I squinted at my reflection, grabbing another makeup brush and touching up the spikes on my makeup, reapplying my lipstick for good measure before making sure that my hair was completely out of my face and tied up in a topknot. Finally satisfied, I grabbed my boots off the rack, about to pull them on before Ace stumbled into the dressing room, trying to set his makeup kit on the counter but only succeeding in dropping it on the floor.

"Whoops!" he said with a giggle, bending over and scooping up all the brushes. But for every one that he picked up, two more would fall out of his hands, making him laugh even harder and drop even more. "Ace," I said, giving him a pointed look. He straightened up, most of his makeup kit still on the floor, and gave me a wide smile. "That'sh me!" I bit back a sigh, raising an eyebrow. "How drunk are you?" I asked. He giggled before his giggling dissolved into hiccups and he shrugged. "Shh I gotta do the Spaceman!" he said, turning to the mirror and grabbing a brush.

Without even bothering to put any actual makeup on the brush, he started to smear it over his face, which of course did nothing. "Ace. What are you doing?" I asked, eyebrow raising even higher. He waved his hand dismissively at me, still doing his best to apply makeup. "Can you even play tonight?" I asked after a pause. He immediately set down the brush and stumbled over to the guitar in the corner of the room, picking it up. We made eye contact as he stared at me before whipping out a quick solo, setting his guitar back down and sticking his tongue out at me. "Alright, alright, I get it," I said, going back to tugging on my boots.

Humming loudly to himself, Ace went back to doing his best to apply his makeup without doing anything. "Okay that's enough of that," I said, rising to my feet and walking over to him. "You're clearly too drunk to do your makeup so I'll do it for you. Thankfully you're sober enough to play," I muttered, scooping everything off the floor and setting to work. I pulled his hair into a ponytail, grabbing a makeup sponge and the white grease paint. "Okay just don't move too much, okay?" I said, and he gave me a smile and a wink. "Mkay! I don't wanna move anyway, I just wanna look at you," he teased.

Face red under my own makeup, I rolled my eyes, starting to apply the grease paint. "So you're positive you can play tonight?" I asked, trying to keep the edge of anger out of my voice. "'Course! But thanks for looking out for me curly. You're a sweetheart," he said with a grin. My heart fluttered but I rolled my eyes again. "Uh huh. I'm looking out for the band, not necessarily you specifically. I still think you're stupid for getting drunk before the show in the first place." "Drunk an' high," he corrected, and I bit back a sigh. "Oh, Ace. You're something, I'll give you that," I said under my breath.

Once I had gotten a solid basecoat down, I set aside the grease paint, picking up a thin brush and dipping it in some of the black grease paint. "Alright now seriously hold still for this," I said. He nodded, biting back a smile. I set to work, doing my best to carefully outline his makeup design. Ace started to giggle and I scowled. "Hold still!" I snapped. He bit down on his lip, struggling to hold back a smile, before bursting into laughter and making me smudge his makeup. "Ace!" I cried. "Sorry! It tickles!" he said, giggling even harder.

Scowling, I grabbed his chin, holding his face and turning it toward me. "Hold. Still," I grumbled, going back to very slowly outlining the makeup around his eyes. As I worked, I got distracted, zoning out as I stared at his face, tracing his soft jawline, the way his smile wrinkled his eyes, the way I could feel the warmth of him beneath my fingers. At last I finished outlining his makeup, cleaning away the white grease paint that was in the middle of the designs around his eyes. "Mm you know I think you should give me some of your black lipstick," he said abruptly. "You have your own," I countered, but he shook his head, giving me a smile as he batted his eyelashes at me. "Mm no, give me some of yours. Right off your lips and right onto mine," he purred.

Face flushed a deep red, I grabbed his silver makeup, immensely grateful I had already done my makeup. "Shut up! I'm trying to finish this, you're just distracting me," I said, filling in the areas inside the black outline. After doing his eye makeup and touching up any smudges in the white grease paint, all that was left to do was his lipstick. "Come on curly! Just kiss me, gimme some of your lipstick. It'll be faster than whatever else you're gonna try to do," he murmured, running a hand up my arm, giving me a squeeze. "Come on, we've gotta focus and get this done," I grumbled, heart hammering against my ribs.

"Ohh Genie come on! Gimme a kiss, lemme see what that tongue of yours does, lemme see your love g--" "The only love gun you need to be concerned about is the album we're on tour for!" I cried, cutting him off and knowing I was absolutely crimson beneath my own makeup. "Your face is so red your neck is blushing," he teased. "I know you wanna kiss me." "I want to get your makeup done so we can get on with the show," I said, but at that point I was pretty sure both of us knew I was lying.

Nevertheless, he held still as I painted his lips, doing his signature overlined lipstick before finally stepping back. "There. It's done," I said. He rose to his feet, giving his reflection a grin before turning to me. "You missed a spot on your makeup," he said. I frowned, looking in the mirror. "No? It looks like it always does," I said. He shook his head, turning my face toward his. "You're missing a bit. Right on your lips. Here, I'll give you some of mine!" he said cheerfully, before leaning forward and kissing me.

I didn't even bother to resist, I just melted into the kiss, happily patching up any mistakes in my lipstick by pressing my lips against his.