Eric S and Gene

Gene nudged me as we walked to the elevator, eyes shining and a huge smile on his face. "Hey, Eric! Dude I have something really important to tell you, can you stop by my room?" I gave him a smile, heart racing. "I think I know what you're talking about," I teased, nudging him right back. "But yeah, let me get changed into something more comfortable then I'll stop by!" "Perfect!"

Absolutely stoked, I ran into my room, stripping out of the clothes I had been wearing. "Oh yes, yes yes this is perfect! I knew it, I knew it!" I whispered gleefully to myself, putting on a bathrobe and nothing else. "I fucking knew he liked me!"

Heart pounding, I walked down the hall to his room, knocking. He pulled it open with a smile, motioning for me to come in. I closed the door behind me, waiting for him to say something. He took a deep breath, turning to the small counter and pouring us each a glass of soda. "So I think you might know what I'm gonna tell you," he said.

I undid the strings on my bathrobe, letting it fall open. Gene turned around, drinks in hand, before freezing, pointedly staring at the ceiling as his face turned bright red. "I-I have a girlfriend and she's pregnant," he said after a long pause. The blood drained from my face and I fumbled for my robe, trying to tie it back up. "Oh...no..." I murmured, backing toward the door.

"Eric I'm so sorry I didn't know that you felt that way about me. I'm so sorry, I would've been m-more upfront if I had known," he said, face burning. I shook my head aggressively, finally finding the doorknob and sprinting into the hallway.

"Eric you fucking dumbass, you dumbass, you're so stupid, you're so stupid!" I whispered, running down the hall. "Why would you do that?! You just flashed him before even knowing if he was gay!"

I ducked into my room, grateful I had left the door cracked open, and slammed it shut behind me, sinking to the ground and burying my face in my hands. "Dumbass."

"Uh...hey, Eric."

I jerked my head up, staring at Bruce in horror. "Oh no this isn't my room," I choked. "Nope. It's not. What's up though, you okay? Also, why are you basically naked?" he asked, setting down his book and raising an eyebrow. Face burning, I stumbled to my feet. "I'm so sorry, I'm just gonna...just gonna go," I said. He unfolded himself from the sofa, holding the door closed. "No, no, you're going to sit here and tell me what's wrong so I can help you," he said gently, taking my hand and leading me to the couch.

I took a shuddering breath, shaking my head. "It's nothing, it's fine. I'm fine." Bruce gave me a look. "Eric Singer. I'm not an idiot. You don't just get to run into my room half-naked and call yourself a dumbass while sitting on the floor. What happened?"

Biting back a sob, I screwed my eyes shut. "I-I mean you know I have a crush on Gene," I whispered. "Mhm." "So we were in the elevator, just the two of us, and he said he needed to talk to me and had something really important to tell me and asked me to meet him in his room, so I...I got changed because I thought that he was gonna tell me he loved me too, you know? S-so I kinda...flashed him because I thought...I thought...b-but he just wanted to tell me he has a girlfriend and she's pregnant."

There was a long pause before Bruce slipped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me against his side. "I'm sorry." "And I don't know what to do now! Like-like I totally just forced myself on Gene, what if he doesn't even want to be friends anymore?! I mean as much as I have a crush on him I also really, really like him as a friend!"

He nodded, playing absentmindedly with my hair. "I know Gene man, he's not going to mind. To be honest, a lot of people like him, both guys and girls. He thinks it's funny, he won't be mad at you. Like uh...w-when I had like just joined the band, Eric C-carr..." He trailed off, eyes getting sad, and I placed a hand on his chest. "Bruce. You don't have to finish that story, it's okay," I said gently.

Bruce shook his head, wiping away tears aggressively. "No! No it's been...it's been five years. I n-need to get over it. I just need to accept it. Anyway, Eric...he was gay too, and he also fell in love with Gene. And just like you, he tried to come on to Gene. It went just as well," he said with a faint smile.

I smiled back, leaning against him a bit more. "So what happened?" Bruce grinned, shaking his head with a laugh. "Well he actually called Gene into his room and tried to kiss him. Then he panicked and ran and caught me in the hall and asked for a place to hide from Gene. I let him into my room, of course. That was what kickstarted our friendship and then it snowballed into like a romantic relationship and then...well. Then he got sick and died and that was...it," he said quietly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. He shook his head, smiling fondly. "It's okay. We had a lot of time together, and I can look back on those times and have all those happy memories. But I can...I can also move on, you know?" he said, giving me a warm look. My heart started to skip and I leaned even closer against him, and his arm moved subtly from my shoulders to more towards my waist.

"Yeah. He'd want you to be happy," I said softly. He nodded, looking at me, and I bit back an involuntary gasp, getting completely lost in his soft brown eyes. Without either of us saying anything or even having to say anything, he leaned forward and kissed me.

It was just a soft, gentle kiss, but it made my heart way happier than anything from Gene would've.

At last we broke apart, and Bruce looked away, face burning. "Uh...sorry. I just kinda...just kinda forced that on you," he mumbled. In response, I turned his face toward mine and kissed him again.

A/N: If you have any suggestions for one-shots you want to see let me know!!