Gene and Eric C

A/N: Requested by fangirlh04 !!

I frowned, listening to the playback of the recording. "It's wrong," I muttered. Paul, Bruce, and Eric exchanged glances. "What do you mean, it's wrong? It sounds fine to me," Paul said. I shook my head. "No, it's just off. It's not good enough, it's missing something. It's not up to our standards, so let's run it again until we get it right," I snapped. Bruce opened his mouth to complain but Eric took my hand, giving it a squeeze and giving me a smile. "Let's just hear him out. It'll be fine, we can run it again if we need to!" he said, shooting a glance at Bruce.

I gave him a grateful smile and a quick kiss on the forehead. "Thanks babe," I murmured, and he nodded. "Alright, I guess we're running it again. Vocals then?" Paul said with a sigh, and I nodded. "Yeah, just the vocals. The instrumentals were fine," I said absentmindedly. We all went up to our respective mics and started to record again, playing the track along with us as we sang. I shook my head, scowling. "Run it again, it's still wrong."

The three of them exchanged annoyed glances again but nevertheless did as I said, going through the song yet again. We kept going, rehearsing it over and over again, but it just didn't sound right, there was still something missing, and I was getting more and more frustrated. "Dammit it's still off! Run it again!" I cried. "No! Gene, we've recorded the lyrics like thirty times! I'm done man, I'm not doing this anymore!" Paul snapped.

"But it's not right! We're KISS, we need to be the hottest band in the world! We need to sound perfect!" "Okay, what's wrong with it?" Bruce asked, folding his arms. "I don't know! I don't know, it's not right, it's just off!" Eric took my hand again, giving me a soft smile. "Gene, hey, just take a deep breath and calm down and we can try and see what's off, and then we'll fix it!" he said cheerfully.

Face red, I ripped my hand free from his. "No! I don't want to take a deep breath and calm down! I want to get the fucking song right, and if you don't shut up and just sing it the way you're supposed to, that's not going to happen!" I shouted. Eric took a step back, eyes wide, but I kept going. "This is what you always do! You always just try and be all happy-go-lucky and act like nothing's wrong and just try and smile your way through it, but something is wrong! The whole song is wrong, and we need to fix it!"

"Alright, damn," he muttered. Shaking my head, I had us run through the song again. We were listening to the playback when my headphones were pulled off and Eric gave me a kiss, running a hand through my hair. I shoved him away, scowling. "Come on, man! Knock it off and focus!" I snapped. "I was just trying to cheer you up," he mumbled. "I don't need you to cheer me up! I need you to focus! And if you're not going to fucking focus, then just get the hell out!" I roared.

There was a ringing silence as Eric took a step back. Tears welled up in his eyes as he gave me a hurt look before bursting into tears, turning and running out of the recording room. The door slammed shut behind him, leaving me standing there in shock, an awful feeling of guilt bubbling up inside of me.

"Go after him," Paul snapped. Feeling sick, I headed to the door. "Eric? Hey, I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean that! I wasn't trying to hurt you, I lost my temper and I'm sorry!" I called. There was no response and I felt my stomach tie itself into even more knots. "Eric, please! I'm really sorry, please don't run away!" I said desperately.

I drew to a halt in the hallway, listening for any sound of him. There was the muffled sound of sobbing from the bathroom and I felt my heart sink, pushing open the door. "Eric?" "Go away!" he snapped. "Eric, please. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that to you," I said, standing in front of the stall he had locked himself in.

"Go and record your song! You told me to get the hell out, so I'm staying the hell out!" I rested my head against the stall door, closing my eyes. "I didn't mean that. You know I didn't mean that," I murmured. "I'm just stressed and I lost my temper but that's no excuse, I shouldn't have said that to you." "No, you should've said it to me. You're right, I wasn't focusing. Now you guys can all focus," he said sadly.

"But that's what I love about you! That's why I love you so much and that's why I'm dating you! Because you're always there to brighten the mood and make me smile. And you are talented and you do focus when you need to, but you know how to goof around too. You're there to call me out when I've got my head too far up my ass and I'm too uptight and I love you for it," I said.

There was the click of the lock sliding open as Eric pulled open the door, giving me a look. "The song's fine, Gene. Stop being a control freak and let us go home," he grumbled, trying to wipe away tears. Heart sinking, I gently brushed his tears away with my thumb, giving him a sad smile. "You're right. Damn, you're right. I'm sorry," I murmured, kissing him on the forehead. Grinning, he kissed me on the lips. "You should be. Now come on, we'll listen to the song and you'll see it's been fine the whole time," he said, taking my hand and dragging me back to the recording room.

I put my headphones back on as the three of them stared expectantly at me and listened to the recording. Finally, I pulled off the headphones, face burning. "Uh...yeah. Yeah, it's...it's good," I said sheepishly. "Wow, it's almost as if we told you that," Paul said, rolling his eyes. Laughing, Eric grabbed my hand, standing up on his toes to kiss me on the cheek. "Okay, now that we're finally done with this stupid recording, take me out to dinner as an apologize for being such a bitch," he teased.

"I know you're just joking but come on. I'm starving anyway," I said, slipping an arm around his waist and leading him out of the room, ruffling his curly black hair affectionately.

A/N: If you have any suggestions for one-shots you want to see let me know!!