Chapter 40 - Side by Side.

"Are you just one of those people who are trying to get attention?" Justine said in an angry tone. "Because i'm not in the mood for this i've been searching for 16-"

"It's me! Jessica!" Jessica interruped. Justine froze and glanced at her in shock, but she wasn't giving up that easy.

"Show me some proof." She said as she folded her arms.

Jessica rustled in her pocket, and pulled out a family picture of her and Daniel with DJ at the hospital. Justine glanced at the photo of her son that she hadn't seen in over 25 years, and started to shake and tear up. She looked up at Jessica, and knew that she was actually her.

"And you're Pittburgh Steelers star Danny!" Justine smiled.

"Justine, this is DJ." Jessica said softly as she smiled. Justine froze and put her hands on the side of his face.

"Daniel Jr. My grandson is a superstar.." Justine wept as tears streamed down her face.

"DJ, this is Justine. Your biological grandmother." Jessica said as she smiled at him.

"Grandma. We've....we've never met." DJ said lowly. "I found out about you five months ago."

"Come in you guys. Come in!" Justine smiled as she led them inside.

Jessica walked inside of their house, and it was the same house but different decorations. The same pictures of the family were around the house, and still in the same spots. The same pictures were still in the same spots, but there were additional photos also of kids and other people that Jessica didn't recognize. These people, were Vanessa's, Josephs, and Angela's children. Jessica sat at the table with DJ that she along with Daniel once ate at, and looked around.

One thing that was missing, was Jeffery.

"Jeffery....where is he?" Jessica gasped.

"He passed 5 years ago." Justine sighed. "He died in his sleep. He was 85 years old."

"Are you serious?" Jessica said in a saddened tone as she covered her mouth.

"Yeah. He never stopped talking about you guys." Justine said as she poured her and DJ some tea, then put them on the table. "I have a gift that he wanted me to give you and Daniel.....but Daniel isn't here."

Jessica glanced down at her tea, and began to twirl it slowly.

"Jessica, where is he?"

Jessica didn't answer. She continued to twirl her spoon inside of her cup, and looked down to stop from enduring the pain that Justine was going through.

"Jessica, I deserve to know." Justine plead. "I'm a mother. How would you feel if someone knew where DJ was, and wasn't telling you? As a mother, I just need to know. Please."

"I don't know where he is. And that's the honest to god truth." Jessica said in a saddened tone. "However, I can tell you what happened to us one that night 25 years ago. Under one condition."

"What is it? Whatever it is, i'm willing to do."

"I want you to bring Joseph, Vanessa, and Angela over here. They deserve to know also."

Without hesitation, Justine called Vanessa, Angela, and Joseph to tell them that Jessica and DJ was over there. Angela and Joseph was shocked, but Vanessa wailed out on the phone. All 3 of them said that they were going to be over Justine's house within 20 minutes.

They got to Justine's in 35 minutes and when they seen Jessica, they couldn't believe their eyes. They ran up to Jessica and gave her one of the most heartfelt hugs. They thought that they would never see her again and there she was, standing in their home. DJ didn't know them, but Vanessa and the rest knew him as one of the best football players ever. They couldn't believe that they were seeing DJ all along and couldn't recognize him. After hugging and sharing a few tears, the three recognized that Daniel wasn't there. They all sat around the table and prepared to hear the heartwrenching news.