Chapter 17 - Birthday.

Jessica woke up, it was a very bright day. She looked outside, and the window was cracked from last night. It was so bright, that the light had filled up the rooms and the house. She smiled, then laid back down. But then she opened her eyes wide when she remembered that Daniel was still on top of her. Asleep. It was 7:47am.

She realized that they slept together for the first time also.

Jessica didn't regret what they had did, but she didn't plan on sleeping with him. This was a slight step too far in her eyes, and she didn't feel that 2 people should sleep together unless they're married. She looked down at him, and he was knocked out cold. He was snoring on her upper neck area, and he had his right hand flapped out next to her. She giggled a little, then took the time to embrace his looks. He was so beautiful to her, inside and out. And for once, she was so happy that she finally had someone to connect with.

She slid her fingers through his left hand, slid her hand up his back, then went back to sleep.

3 hours later, she woke up and Daniel wasn't there. She walked downstairs and didn't see him or Jeffery down there either, so she took her book and began to read on the island in the middle of the kitchen. Suddenly she heard the basement door open, and seen that it was Daniel. Her heart fluttered and skipped a beat because she was so happy to see him.

"Happy birthday!" Daniel smiled as he ran up and gave her a huge hug.

"Oh..oh my god!" Jessica whined as she smiled. "You remembered!"

"Hold on. I gotta suprise for you."

Jessica watched Daniel flare up the stairs. "He remembered!" She thought over and over in her head. They only known each other for 4 months, and he remembered. She checked her phone and didn't see any text messages which bummed her out a little, but she was so happy that she didn't care. Then she seen Daniel walk downstairs with a thin black box.

"Face the stove." Daniel whispered as she turned in her seat, then looked directly at the stove.

Suddenly, Jessica felt something cold lace around her neck. She looked down, and it was a thin diamond necklace. Every other diamond was a baby purple, and the other was silver. It was simple, but it was one of the most gorgeous necklaces she'd ever seen. 

"Real diamonds." Jessica whispered in shock as she looked up at Daniel.

"It was Vanessa's, until she outgrown it." Daniel scoffed. "My mom told me to give it to a girl someday. Heh heh. The diamonds are real too! My dad said that it's worth around $20,000."

Jessica kept observing the necklace, then she looked back up at him.

"It's a little birthday gift, but I really gave it to you to sell when you get back home." He continued. "I know that you and your mom don't have that much money, so when you go back to her, you can sell it and buy a nice home."

"I'm never selling this, Daniel." Jessica smiled, getting choked up. "It's a special gi......gi..."

Jessica froze, then began to cry. Daniel knew that she was happy, so he leaned in and gave her a hug in response. She was crying hard in his shoulder because he was the only one (so far) that remembered her birthday. She'd never recieved a gift from anybody before for her birthday. Not even her mother. The gift was worth so much, but she wasn't going to sell it at all. She was going to keep it with her at all times. And he can tell that she didn't, just by her reaction.

"Thank you so much, Daniel." She weeped in his shoulder. "You're such a good friend."

"You're welcome."