Chapter 22 - 1st degree.

"Daniel...." Jessica said as she locked up, and stared at the tickets. "How did you...how did you get those?"

"I purchased them a week before Christmas, and I looked up your dads name in the local list of criminals." Daniel smiled. "I searched your dads name and bam. Here he is."

"Oh my goodness." She gasped as she held the ticket. "I don't...I don't know what to say. I've never met him before. I've.....wow. But, how are we gonna get there?"

"I have this plan well thought out. We're gonna have to take a train, though."

"A train?!" Jessica shouted.

"Yeah babe!" Daniel laughed. "Anyway, I called Jeffery and asked him could he take us. He asked my mom and she said no, but he decided to go against her word and take us anyway so that you could see your father. Do you want to go?"

"Yes. But...i'm gonna be so nervous! I haven't seen him since I was little."

"Don't worry, Jess. I'll be right with you."

Jessica decided not to wake her mother up the next morning and tell her that she was leaving. She was so disgusted and outraged with her, that she felt that she didn't deserve a goodbye. Her and Daniel packed their bags, and headed to the jail. They'd never been so happy to leave her place. Jessica had officially been spoiled rotten with Daniel's home, but she'd soon have to get over it because she would be leaving in a couple of months.

During the whole car ride, Daniel and Jessica did nothing but sleep. Daniel fell asleep on Jessica's lap like he always did, and Jessica had been nodded off to the side. Both of them were so tired from all of their crying and miserableness, that they just needed to relax.

3 hours later, it was time.

"Jessica? Wake up, sweetie." Jeffery said as he tapped her.

"Mmhm mhm?" Jessica mumbled, still half asleep.

"We're at the Clinton prison." He smiled.

Jessica's heart was racing. She shook Daniel and woke him up because she wanted him to come also.

"Baby?"

"Y-yeah?" Daniel said as he wiped his eyes.

"Are you comin'?"

"Yeah! Alright. I'm coming." He said as he stretched.

"You guys call me the minute you get out of the prison." Jeffery said as they stepped out of the car. "I'll deal with your mother later. I'll be at a restaurant while you guys spend a few hours here."

Jessica and Daniel both nodded their heads. They shut the door and watched Jeffery pull off, then Daniel looked down at Jessica. She was so nervous that she didn't know what to do. Daniel grabbed her hand, and watched her nerves settle down a little.

"Don't be nervous." Daniel smiled. "I'm right here with you."

Jessica walked in holding Daniels hand, and seen nothing but inmates. Inmates inside of their locked door cells, inmates being escorted, nothing but green and orange jumpsuited inmates. Alot of them were looking at Jessica and Daniel because they were teenagers. They were also hot in their eyes, and everyone wanted a piece of them.

They looked on their ticket seen the numbers 587. They turned into the phone booth area, and seen many people crying and talking to their jailed family members. Some women were holding their children, meaning that they were showing their jailed boyfriends what they missed out on.

Finally, they found number 587. Her fathers name was Preston Jarrell.

 Jessica looked at her father, and he looked oddly similar. Of course not seeing him since she was 4, he'd aged a little. Jessica was shocked but she gave him an angry look. He knew exactly why she did it. Daniel pulled one of the empty chairs nearby up to the window, and sat next to Jessica as they held hands. It was a thing that they always did to make sure that the other person isn't nervous.