Chapter 42 - Confirmation.

Angela called the coroners office, and she asked could she and her family take a look at the skeleton bones that were found in Alabama. Before she was allowed to do so, she had to give a description of the last thing that Daniel was wearing before he disappeared. Jessica told them that he was wearing checkered plaid jacket with a beader underneath. He was also wearing black jeans with some red jordans.

If Jessica seen this outfit, this would confirm her worst nightmares.

Justine wanted to send in a DNA sample first so that they wouldn't make a long drive to Nevada for nothing. The officer agreed, and he gave her the Coroners Office Adress that she could send the DNA to. She swabbed her mouth with an ear cleaner and sent it into the office. The officer said that it would take 2 days to get the results.

And their nightmare was confirmed. These were the skeletal remains, of Daniel Simmons. He'd been underground for over 25 years.

Joseph drove to the coroners office way out in Alabama with everyone. Vanessa, Angela, Justine, and Jessica were crying their eyes out while DJ sat in the passenger seat, looking awkwardly at their tears. DJ couldn't cry, because he'd never known his father. He'd never known Daniel. But they did. And the person who was hurting the most was Justine because she lost a husband of hers, and a child. Her husband went along with everyone, to pick up what was left of her youngest son.

They arrived at the coroners office, and they hadn't seen the body. The officers felt terribly sorry for the family, so they consoled them when they stepped inside right inside of the building. After their tears and grieving, the coroners examiner asked if they wanted to see the remains. All of them except for Vanessa agreed. Vanessa couldn't bare to see her brother like that, so the officer led everyone else inside of the room.

"We found this inside of his pocket.." The officer said as he lifted it up and handed it to DJ.

It was a picture of Daniel and DJ inside of a photo booth. They were making funny faces, and they were from when he was 11 months old. Brown splatter covered the top of the picture, and it dripped down onto the bottom picture. It was blood from his gunshot wound.

"These.....was this me?" DJ asked in a shocked tone.

"Yes. That was you, Daniel." Jessica sniffed as she wiped her eyes.

"We have the man who buried him here also. He passed a lie detector test on being involved, so we cleared him as a suspect." The officer said. "Would you like to know what happened to Daniel before you see his body?"

"Yes. Yes we would." Justine nodded in her shaky voice.

The man walked inside of the room with them, and he recognized Jessica as the person who tracked him down that night. He seen the family inside of the room crying and disraught. He took a deep sigh, then sat in one of the available chairs inside of the room. They all gathered themselves together, and prepared to hear the heartwrenching story. He was a hillbilly, and they could tell by the way he talked and by the way he dressed.

"I just wanted to say that i'm sorry for not telling you guys sooner." The man said in a saddened tone as he looked up at them. "Anyway I uh....after I picked up Daniel, I began to make the long drive to the hospital and I told him that everything was going to be alright. He kept saying "Jessica....Jessica....Jessica....". Suddenly, he stopped whispering her name. I asked him was he alright while I continued to drive, but he didn't respond. I looked back at him and he wasn't moving at all. I stopped the car and got out to feel his pulse, but he didn't have one. When I put my hand on his chest, he didn't have a heartbeat. I opened one of his eyes and put my flashlight on it and when I realized that his pupils wouldn't dialate, I knew that he was dead. I keep a shovel in my car at all times, so I pulled over and buried him. I didn't want the police thinking that I killed him or anything."