Chapter 4 - Friends?

By night, Jessica's clothes arrived to the house. Justine informed her that she had to be up by 6:00am and how he wasn't going to be waking her up everyday, and how she needs to have an alarm set. The next day, it was 6:15, and Jessica had overslept. Justine had barged into her room, and shook her extremely hard, causing her to jump out of her sleep.

"Didn't I tell you that I wan't going to be waking you up?!" Justine snapped in her raspy, sleepy, voice. "I'm not going to be doing this everyday. Get up!"

Jessica woke up and seen her clothes in her mothers suitcases. She jumped up, washed up, threw her hair into a bun, and walked downstairs. She had a 15 minutes left before she had to leave, so she got ready in record time.

"Jeffery, i'll pay you $100 extra to drop her off every morning." Justine said walking upstairs.

"Alright."

"Are you ready to go?" Jessica asked Jeffery.

"You don't want any breakfast?" He asked in a confused state.

"Breakfast? I don't usually get to get it since I can't afford it." She said walking into their extremely large kitchen. "Why were you gonna make me something?"

"I was gonna make you an loaded omelette! I make those for the kids all of the time and they love it!" Jeffery smiled. "I make them in less than 5 minutes. What all do you want in it?"

"Bacon, sausage, extra cheese, spinach, and green peppers."

Jeffery turned on the burners instantly as she quickly cracked eggs into the skillet, seasoned them with some salt and pepper, snatched all of the items she wanted out of the refridgerator, and threw them into the pot. With a few quick whips, the omelette was ready. He flipped the omelette off of the pan, and onto her plate. She was so impressed that she didn't even want to eat it. She took a fork, and slowly took a bite of it. It was the best omelette that she ever had.

"Oh my god. This is the best omelette i've ever had!" She smiled as she began to eat the omelette fast.

"I've been making them like that every since Vanessa, Angela, Jojo, and Diggy were babies." Jeffery smiled. "Now hurry! You don't want to be late for community service."

"Alright!"

Jessica had arrived at the teenage part of the community service since she was 12 going on thirteen, and seen alot of teenagers standing in line on the outside, waiting to turn in their attendance slips to verify that they were inside. She seen that a majority of the teenagers knew each other already, so this was like a flashback to her school days.

"Alright. You're gonna go to the front, give them your slip, then walk into the cafeteria." Jeffery said. "Good luck. I hope you make new friends."

"I hope so too." Jessica mumbled under her breath as she got out of the car.

Jessica went to the front desk, had the lady fill out her attendance sheet, and walked into the front cafeteria. Immediately, she felt like a deer caught in headlights. A majority of the tables were filled with people, and she had no idea where to sit. She found an empty table near the entrance, and sat there. Suddenly, a black lady with short light brown hair who was in her mid 30's, walked up to the table and sat across from her.

"I've never seen you before!" She smiled. "What's your name?"

"Jessica." She smiled. "Jessica Jarrell."

"My name is Lisa, and i'm the one who runs the field on where we clean up at." She smiled. "Some people here call me mrs. Lisa, others just call me Lisa."