《Chapter 21》The Date

Adam POV*

"Rachel it's gonna be fine," I complained again as she stood in front of me.

As soon as we got to my place she had been explaining to me what to do and what not to do on a first date. "Yeah, no it won't," she said as she turned to her whiteboard. I don't know where she found it, but as soon as she did she had written all kinds of rules on it and kept making me remember them. Most of the rules were made specifically for me. "Okay, one more time," she said as she pointed out her rules one by one.

"Rules number 1: look at him" I repeated, getting really tired of all this. "We all know how you are, you get so embarrassed you don't even look at him, don't do that." She explained. "I know it might be hard to do but at least try." I sighed and nodded as she continued to the next rule.

"Number 2: try to initiate some conversation" I was about to argue, but she stopped me "-I know you have done this before but his time it's way more important, talk about stuff you want to talk about, not things he likes," she said sternly as she went to the last rule.

"Number 3: try and act normal" she smirked. I just looked at her I am used. "Listen, Adam, you know I love you, but sometimes you say some weird things okay. I know I said be yourself, but don't do that too much okay?" She smiled.

I sighed again before letting myself fall into my bed. Rachel walked over and took a seat next to me. "Oh come on" she complained. "It's not that- " u chuckled "I'm just- It finally sank in, this is really happening," I said, mostly happy but also pretty stressed. "I told you you'd get there one day!" She said proudly. "Now we just need you guys to work out" she smirked. I would've answered but I wasn't paying attention anymore. My mind had started to wander off, thinking about everything that was happening.

Rachel had gone home not too much later. And I was finally alone for the first time today, I could finally take some time to fully relax, today was both stressful and awesome. And it was exhausting. I was still laying in my bed, as the whiteboard stood in my room. I read over those weird rules a couple of times smiling at the fact that Rachel did that. I laid there for a while as I felt myself dozing off when I suddenly heard a voice.

"Hey, don't sleep just yet!" I heard the voice laugh. I opened my eyes and saw David standing at the door. "I wasn't, I was just- resting my eyes," I said as I sat up... He kept standing in the door, looking at me. I just looked at him confused.

"So are you gonna tell me how it went or not" he hinted. "fine. I guess." I shrugged. David looked at me surprised. "You guess?" He laughed. He walked in completely and took a seat on my bed. Then he noticed the whiteboard.

"Wait, where did that come from?" He asked confused. "Oh, Rachel did that," I explained. He looked at the thing and then at me, "I see..." He looked back confused but shook it off. He read over the rules and laughed.

"So, I see you didn't get rejected then." He said, nudging me in the side. I blushed and nodded. "Told you it would be fine." That's not the first time I heard that today...

"Yeah, I guess I was overreacting huh?" I said slightly embarrassed. "A little" he joked. He stayed quiet for a bit as he looked at the whiteboard again. "You know, you really should've come to me for advice" he smirked. "I'm the one with experience dating guys"

I let out a short laugh "yeah right" I answered sarcastically. "Excuse you, I do" he answered, pretending to be offended.

"Mhm," I said, still not convinced. He stood up and walked towards the door. "Alright then, if you don't want my advice-" he complained. "No, I do!" I laughed. He turned around smiling. "What's your advice?" I asked.