《Chapter 8》What Are You Not Telling Me?

Nathan POV*

"Why would it be a date?"

I looked at Cole, not sure what to say at this point when Michael started to answer the question. "Well because he's here with-"

"I never said anything about a date" I interrupted looking at David. I looked at him, hoping he would understand. After looking confused for a second, he gave me a nod and continued.

"Right, you didn't, my mistake" he answered awkwardly.
Cole looked at me suspiciously. As I just looked back at him hoping he'd believed that.

He then turned to look at David again. "Anyway.. what about you," he said as his expression turned into a smirk. David looked at him if he didn't understand what Cole was talking about.

"How did your date go?" Cole said looking at David and Michael. "What is he talking about," Michael asked awkwardly. Sounding slightly embarrassed.

"I think you misunderstood-" David defended.

"Oh please, I saw you two in there," Cole said gesturing between the two of them. "You can't tell me that wasn't a date." He smirked.

"Wait you did?" Michael said, his face turning bright red. "Wait we were watching the same movie?" David asked as well. "Yeah, we were in the row across from you," Cole answered crossing his arms.

"Did you know that?" Michael questioned as he looked up at David. "Of course not," he said confused.

"A-anyway, it wasn't a Date". Michael answered quickly. "It wasn't?" I looked up at David with a smirk.

He looked confused for a second before remembering what he said to me earlier. "Right," he said simply, obviously not wanting to deny the fact that they were on a date.

"Anyway- we should go," he said awkwardly pointing towards the end of the hallway. Trying to escape the awkward situation.
We all said goodbye and made our way out of the cinema.

----

We walked for a bit before we reached the bus stop we sat down as we still needed to wait a couple of minutes and just decided to talk about all that happened.

"So..." Cole started. As he stood in front of us. "What did you think of the movie?" He asked.

"It was fine I guess" Adam shrugged. "I liked it," I smiled up at him.

"That's good." He says sounding slightly disappointed. I guess he expected a more enthusiastic answer. "What about you," I asked.

"I liked it a lot" he beamed as he took a seat next to us as well. "I'm sorry if it wasn't the kind of movie you were expecting, I'm not that great at reading people," he said as he leaned back.

"Don't worry" I said looking at him. "I had fun, honest" He smiled as we sat in silence for a bit. I'm sure at this point we were all pretty tired from sitting in the dark for an hour and a half. I looked at my phone to check the time. We still had a couple of minutes to go.

We sat there waiting for the bus, every so often briefly talking about some of our favorite moments from the movie. Then finally the bus arrived.

----

Cole POV*

We got in and took a seat at the front. Nathan took a seat at the window Adam sat next to him. I took a seat in front of them, facing their way.