《Chapter 4》 First Day (again)

*gasp* a POV change...

----

Adam POV*

After the game and the food, Max and I went back to our room. As soon as I entered the room, I threw myself on my bed and let out a long sigh, this has been a long day. With all the packing and unpacking, and meeting such an energetic person like Cole made me very tired.

I turned around and looked up at the ceiling. I didn't see Max and assumed he gone into the bathroom to get ready to go to sleep. I looked around the room,

It was going to be a weird experience being on my own. It was very exciting but at the same time slightly scary. Like, now I won't have to worry about my family interrupting me, or keeping me away from doing work. even though with the friends I made today, that wouldn't change that much.

But now I did have to make sure I don't sleep through my alarm, cause now I don't have my mom to make sure I wake up in time.

After a bit Max emerged from the bathroom and I quickly went in to also get ready. After brushing my teeth, and quickly getting in some more comfortable clothing, I climbed into my bed, it didn't take long fr m to fall asleep.

----

I woke up the next morning by the obnoxious sound of my alarm, I groaned as I reached over to turn it off. I almost fell back asleep, but I eventually got the energy to get out of bed. As soon as I got up I saw Max standing in the room, fully dressed and ready to go. I

Look over at my alarm, seeing we still have almost an hour left to get ready.

"Are you in a hurry or something?" I ask struggling to lift myself out of my bed. "Hmm?" He looks over at me and then down at his clothes.

"No, I'm not really, why?" He asks

"Well it's just... why are you already up and awake, this early in the morning," I ask again as I start looking for something to wear.

"I'm guessing you're not a morning person" he jokes, getting ready to pack his bag. "No, but I think you might be too good at this."

I get some clothes and get into the bathroom, getting ready to start my first day.

----

"Okay, where do we go now?" I ask Max. We had gotten our stuff and were now standing in the hallway, trying to find our way around the unfamiliar buildings.

"This way" he confidently said as he started walking away. "Okay... are you sure?" I ask hesitantly.

Luckily we had the same subject first, at least I didn't have to try and navigate alone, and if I got lost I won't look so stupid, being alone.

"I'm sure." He said as he kept looking around. "It doesn't look like you're sure" I laugh nervously, not wanting to get lost.

"Unlike you, I followed the tour a couple of days before I got here. I don't know exactly where everything is, but I do know how to navigate this place" he said as he turned another corner.

I followed him without thinking, at first it just felt like the right thing to do, but I wasn't sure it would work. But after he said that I felt a little more sure.

"But that doesn't mean I won't get lost."

Nevermind.

----

We made it to the right room. And we were actually kind of in time. We made into some empty seats right before the professor entered the room.

"That was close"I sigh as I drop down into an empty seat next to Max. "I told you I could navigate this place" he says proudly, knowing damn well we most definitely had gotten lost if it wasn't for the signs all over the halls.

"never doubted you for a second"I answer sarcastically. he gave me a playful punch as he continued to grab his stuff out of his bag. I did the same, and soon we were both trying to pay attention to what the professor was trying to teach us.

I tried to pay attention, I did. But I was mostly preoccupied, thinking about how all of this is really new. I couldn't stop thinking about having to get up in about an hour and trying to find the next room. Alone this time.

I really don't want to get lost, not because of getting late to whatever subject I would have, but just the idea of being alone in an unfamiliar place, I didn't like it.

I do have some hope now that, thanks to Max, I kind of know how to navigate this place. Let's just hope all goes well.

----

Well I was wrong.

After the lecture was finally over, Max and I both left in opposite directions, and I was left to my own. At first I felt fine, finding my way around somewhat, But nope. I got lost anyway.

At looked around confused at the signs on the ceiling and walls, and then back at my schedule. I repeated this a couple of times before giving up. I let out a long sigh before finding a bench and sat down, I was already late. If I was going to find the right room anyway. So I decided to just sit down and calm down for a bit. It might be a stupid reason to panic, but that what my mind was doing right now.

I sat down and held my head in my hands. I knew this was going to happen eventually.

"Hey, are you okay?" I suddenly heard a voice, I looked up to see a girl slightly bend over to look at me. I lifted my head and smiled at her. "Yeah I'm fine" I sat as I sat back straight. "Are you sure? You don't look so great," she asked concerned as she took a seat next to me.

"It's just, I'm not good with crowds." I said looking around the halls, which were kind of empty right now. "also I got lost" I added looking down at the round.

I heard a small chuckle from beside me, which made me look up confused. "Oh I'm sorry- I didn't mean-" she stuttered. "just- Can I see that?" she asked pointing at the schedule I was still holding. I hesitated for a second before giving it to her. She looked at it for a second, then looked at her own. She then gave t back to me. "Do you want me to help show you around"

I smiled and nodded, then she stood up to walk with me to the next class.

"My name is Aimee, by the way".

----

Turned out, our schedule pretty much lined up perfectly. And so we were able to get everywhere together. Not gonna lie, we still needed to look around a lot, and we even had to ask directions a couple of times, but we got there in the end.

"Honestly, I don't think I would've survived without you" I say as we were walking through the halls, slowly making our way to the cantine.

"Oh don't say that I'm sure you would've, been just fine" she said back, giving me a playful punch in the arm.

"No I'm serious, you saved me" I say again as we started walking towards an empty table.

"Okay, you win. I am the best!" she said proudly as we took a seat. "What would you have done without me".

"Alright, alright- Don't oversell yourself". I say back jokingly. she stuck her tongue out at me and chuckled.

We sat at the table for a while.

Because we had so many subjects together, we got to spend a lot of time together, we got along quite well. Which was pretty nice, I was never really that good at making friends. But this time it went pretty smoothly, and suddenly I wasn't completely alone anymore.