《Chapter 29》 Telling Our Parents

Nathan POV*

We got to his house and as soon as we knocked on the door, it opened and we were met with his mother. She smiled brightly as she pulled him into a hug.

"Oh, it's good to see you again" she smiled. He hugged her back. "You too".

They broke apart and she turned towards me. I held out my hand, she took it but instead of shaking it, she pulled me into a hug too. "Don't be a stranger." She laughed. I hugged back and we all went inside.

We followed her to the living room and took a seat on the couch across from her. "So what made you want to come to visit so suddenly?" She asks as soon as she got us something to drink. we stayed silent as I looked over to Adam. We did come here to tell them but now seems a bit sudden. "W-we can't visit?" He smiled.

His mom let out a small laugh as she shook her head. "No of course you can," She said. "You're old enough to think on your own" She smiled.

He let out a laugh. Then got quiet again. "So tell me, How is college?" She asked. "Good," He said, looking down into his glass. I could see he was nervous about this whole thing.

"Have you made any friends yet?" she continued, just being curious about all of it. "Yeah, a few."He said looking up at her. "Well that's great!" she smiled.

They then talked for a while, me occasionally joining in. But after a while, it seemed his mom had caught on to his nerves as well.

"So what's wrong?" She eventually asked, we both looked at her confused. "w- what do you mean?" Adam asked confused. "I can see something is bothering you.." She smiled.

"Well, actually there is something we wanted to tell you?" He said quietly. His mom looked up, waiting for him to speak again. "What is it?"

"Well, Nathan and I are... more than friends..." he explained. She looked at him a little confused. "Like, were dating..."

"But that's great!" She yelled excited. I almost forgot she already knew about Adam being, well you know, gay, so this didn't come as a surprise. I'm sure she's just very happy.

Adam let out a relieved sigh. "You think so?" He asked smiling. "Of course!"

"I was really nervous..." he admitted. His mom smiled at us. "You didn't have to be nervous. And to be honest I kinda already had an idea." She smiled.

Adam sighed again as he leaned back into the couch. Leaning his head on my shoulder. His mom kept smiling at us.

We talked for a bit longer before heading upstairs to get ready for bed.

"That went well," I said as I closed the door behind me. He laughed "yeah really well."

I walked over and took a seat on his bed. "Did you expect anything else?" I asked as I noticed him looking slightly confused.

"Well, kind of. I mean, I didn't expect her to freak out, but I also didn't expect her to be so casual about it" he explained, sitting down as well.

"Well that's a good thing, right?" I smiled. "Yeah..." he nodded.

"Do you think your parents will freak out?" He asked, looking up at me. I chuckled. "To be honest, no" he looked at me eating for me to continue.

"Well you know those books Cole is always reading?" I said. He nodded. "I kind of found one of those in my parent's room back in high school." I laughed.

"Oh I see" he smirked. "So no, I think they'll be okay with it" I reassured him.

"Good" he smiled.