《Chapter 1》 College

*three years later*

Nathan POV*

With a sigh I drop down onto my bed. Looking up at the ceiling.

As I lean my head of the bed I look over to the other side of the room. My roommate was still nowhere to be found. When I got up to go and take a look around my dorm, I hear my phone go off.

----

Adam
Hey, I'm downstairs. Could you help me with my stuff?

You
Be there in a sec

----

I couldn't help but smile. I quickly put away my phone and rush to the main entrance.

As I get down, I see a car driving away, leaving him standing there with a couple of boxes.

"Adam!" I yell as I start running towards him. "Hey" he waves. I walk up to him and immediately pull him into a hug

"Wh-" he takes a step back by my sudden approach. "I'm so happy to see you again, it's been forever." I sigh, not letting go of him "what?" He laughs "it's been like 2 weeks" he says as he hugs me back "that's way too long."

I let go of him and take one of his bags that were on the sidewalk beside him. "Let's go. I want to see your room." I excitedly say as I start walking back inside the building.

----

As soon as we walk inside the room, we notice there were already some bags on the other bed.

"Looks like your roommate already claimed that side" I say as I put down the bag I was holding on the other bed.

"Yeah.." he quietly says, as he looks around the room "is something wrong?" I ask as I walk up to him "it's just- I wish we could have roomed together is all" he says, looking down slightly.

I walk closer and put my arms around his shoulders, hugging him from behind. "maybe we can ask them to switch"

I say as I pull him towards me "yeah.. maybe" I could see his ears turning slightly red.

"Hey, turn around" I say as I turn his shoulders "what is it?" He asks

"let me look at you" I smirk. Now his face was also turning red.

I look closer and notice something has changed "did you get new glasses?" I ask.

He raises his hand up to his face. "Oh? Yeah I did." He answers, his blush disappearing.

I get a bit closer to his face, and his eyes meet mine again.

"I like 'em" I flirt. He tries to look away, but before I could, I pulled him in for a kiss.

He didn't waste a second to kiss me back. It started out gentle but soon became more passionate.

We break apart before anything could go further, I look down at him, we were both breathing heavily.

"Heh, guessed you missed me as much as I did" I laugh.

He puts his head on my chest, and we both stay like that for a moment.

Until the door suddenly opens. Startled, we both took a step back as we look at the tall figure standing in the door.

"Oh! You must be my roommate, err..which one of you exactly?" He said friendly as he walked in

"oh, me" Adam said, walking up to him "hi! My name is Max" he said.

He sounded friendly, but somehow very quiet. "Adam".

He turned to me "and you are" he says looking down

"N-Nathan" I was a bit intimidated by his size.

"Nice to meet you, anyway... I think I'm going to see if my roommate is here yet" I say as I start walking towards the door. "

----

I open the door once I'm back in my own room, as I walk inside I don't see anyone, but I immediately notice the other half of the room covered in posters. "H-Hello?" I hesitantly ask as I close the door.. what the hell are these supposed to be.

(Yaoi uwu)

"Oh, yes?" out of nowhere a head pops up from behind the bed.

"What?" I laugh by the sight of him "oh? I dropped something." he answers looking down.

"Are you my roommate?" he asks as he gets up from the floor

"yeah.." I answer still staring at all the posters. He turns his head and looks back at me concerned

"Are they too much" this made me laugh.

I got a confused look from him.

"No no it's okay, its your room too after all." his expression softens.

"yeah, but I can take them down if you have anything against them, I mean, met a lot of people who aren't comfortable with this..." he says as he starts walking towards me.

I take another look at all the pictures. "hah, you don't have to worry about that" I laugh.

"what do you mean," he asks confused. "its nothing" I hold out my hand "I'm Nathan" he takes my hand "Cole" he smiles.

----

Later that evening, I was just done putting away all my stuff.

I guess I had gotten a little bit too excited before. I noticed Cole was constantly making weird movements and noises while he was staring at his phone.. what the hell was he doing.

"hey?" I call out. But I get no reaction whatsoever.

I walk closer, but he didn't seem to notice me "what are you doing?" I ask as I try to see what he was doing

"whoa! Where did you come from?!" shocked he jumped back and hid his phone screen from me

"you seriously didn't notice me?" I chuckle

"I mean...no.," he says as he puts his phone down.

"Anyway, what were you doing anyway, you were really focused on it" he looks up at me, his face slightly flustered "...reading" he awkwardly answers.

I gave him an unbelieving look, but he just gives me a smile.

I sigh and just let him do whatever, but as I turn around to go back to my bed, he grabs my shirt "uhm, can I ask you some things?" He asks.

"Sure" I turn back around to face him. "Do you have anything against...yaoi?"

He awkwardly asks "what?"

"I-I mean, the posters...do you really not mind them" he continues
Oh.. not at all.." when I take another look at the posters, I realize he must be asking if I have anything against homosexuality...which is actually kind of funny to think about.

"Then..would you mind it if my friend comes over.," he asks, not making eye contact.

"To do what" I smirk. His face turns red as he holds up his hands in defense

"Nonono not that..ahem" he clears his throat "just..to talk about...stuff" he continues

"you mean, about what you were reading?" I answer raising an eyebrow.

His face lids up "yes, exactly!" He says as he straightens his back "why would I have a problem with that?"

I laugh "well... I don't know"

"So, when is he coming over?" I ask curiously "well, I was going to ask you for permission first.." he looks up to me

"I'm not your mother" I joke, he laughs in response "I know, but still... I wanted to make sure."

"Just invite whoever you want, if I have a problem with them I'll just say something about it" I say as I turn around walking back to my side of the room. As I sit down, he's already back on his phone, I decide to do the same.