《Chapter 19》Support

Adam POV*

What the hell am I supposed to do, apparently I have until Friday. To do what exactly. I'm assuming she meant she wanted me to confess or ask him out, probably both, But neither of those was an option. I was lost in thought as I walked towards my class. I looked for Rachel for any kind of explanation, but I couldn't find her anywhere. I gave up and continued my way to class.

I walked in expecting her to be in her seat, but she wasn't. She was in the classroom, but for some reason, she was sitting in the front instead of our regular place in the back. I looked over to her confused as I hesitantly took a seat in my normal spot. She smirked back and gave me a thumbs-up as the rest of the class poured in. And soon I realized why she switched seats.

"So this is my seat then." The person next to me said, more to himself than to me. I looked up for just a second, but a second was more than. Enough to realize it was Jeffery that sat next to me. He turned his head to look at me "guess we'll be desk buddies for now huh?" He said happily. I couldn't answer back, all I could think about was the fact that my biggest crush was now inches away from me. Why did you do this Rachel? No, I know why, just... Why?

"Rachel asked me to switch since she had trouble seeing the board." He explained. Oh of course that's what she told you.

"I hope that okay with you?" He asked again. "I forced myself to say something back " y-yeah of course," I said quietly.

He smiled before turning his attention back to the class. I on the other hand couldn't focus on anything anymore, except my heart that felt like it would burst out of my chest any minute.

----

I somehow survived the hour without my heart exploding, and quickly made my way outside the school. I got there and immediately noticed Rachel on one of the tables outside. I made my way over to her quickly

"Why the hell did you do that?" I said as I hastily took a seat across from her. She looked up from her phone, pretending to be shocked. "First of all, language. And second, you had to talk to him eventually" she explained.

"Yeah but I would've done that on my own, you didn't have to switch seats for that!" I yelled back. "But I did!" She said. I just looked at her. "Oh come on Adam, if it wasn't for that you would've never found the courage to go up to him and say hi, let alone a full sentence. This way you won't have to do anything because knowing Jeffery, he'll eventually start doing the talking for you." She explained.

She had a point, I would never start talking to him on my own, I wouldn't be able to say a single word. "Ok sure but what makes you think that I'll have the courage to say something back?!" I argue. "You will, I know you. You'll get used to talking to him, it won't be that hard." She said proudly as she got her lunchbox from her bag. I let out a long sigh as I held my head in my hands. "Oh cheer up, most people would be happy to sit next to their crush!" She said as she started the sandwich. I didn't say anything back. I just sighed and got my lunch as well. We both just sat there in silence for a bit

"Oh, by the way, what did you mean when you said I had until Friday?" I asked, probably already know the answer. "You have until Friday to ask him out." She said simply. That's what I was afraid of. "Rachel you know I can't do that-" I complained.

"Of course you can!" She said back encouraging. "No- I don't mean-" I tried to explain. She just looked at me, not quite understanding what I was trying to say. "Even if he does say yes, what would I do then, we won't be able to meet up outside of school much, you know how my dad is with me going out," I said. She stopped eating and answers.

"Then he can just come to you, you're dad doesn't mind it if I come over, why would he mind?" she asked. I thought for a second, I never told her how my dad reacted with David I can't just bring over a guy myself, my dad knows the only friend I have is Rachel, If I bring over a guy hell for sure start assuming things.