《Chapter 23》Doubt

Adam POV*

"You guys still have made any progress at all?" Rachel asked surprised. I just shrugged. "I guess not."

A few weeks have gone by. And we still hadn't done anything more than talk. At one point I tried to hold his hand, but he just quickly pulled away, trying to pretend he was just grabbing his phone.

At first, I was fine with the lack of progress, but after I while I started getting a bit disappointed about the whole thing. I was expecting at least a little more.

"That's not good." She said, her hand on her chin. "Why not, maybe he just wants to take it slow." I tried to explain. "No, he's a guy, they don't do slow."

"Hey?" I laughed or tending to be offended. She gave a smile back. "But seriously-" she started. "I don't get it hey you guys haven't gotten anywhere at all."

I shrugged and let myself fall onto my bed. "You should talk to him about it." She said, standing above me. "What? No, I don't-"

"Don't you dare say you can't or won't, because you have to?" She cut me off. "I don't know what I would say" I finished quietly.

I've been with him long enough to talk to him a lot easier than when I first started to. So I know I could. That wasn't the problem.

"Oh, right. Sorry" she apologized and she took a seat next to me. "Well I don't know, talk to him about what you feel. Tell him you want to try more, or just grab his face a kiss him just like that." She said as she moved her hands as if she was slamming her face into another.

I let out a laugh "Yeah, that could only end well." I said back, not convinced. "I mean it," she said seriously "just tell him."

"Yeah I know-" u sighed "but it's easier said than done, I don't t want to ruin it, I like him" I explained. She nodded softly when she suddenly looked away.

"I mean- we could ask your brother what to do." She suggested. "No! We can't-" I quickly interested, sitting up.

"Why not, he would be the best guy to ask," she examined. "No, he wouldn't," I explained. "In the relationship, he's the opposite of what I do. He takes the lead. I can do that. He'll probably just tell me what you just did. To just go for it, I can't do that."

She laughed "okay okay- then do it your way," she said. I nodded and the conversation ended. Right.

My way, what exactly is 'my way'?

----

The next day I went to school after thinking about it all night. And she was right. I'd I wanted things to go anywhere should just tell him. Or else it might never.

I walked into school confidently, ready to go look for him. I stopped at my locker to put some stuff away when I heard a voice from behind me. "Is it true?" I turned around confused.

I see a girl I didn't know. She continued to look at me expecting an answer. "Is what true?" I looked at her confused.

"My friend said she saw you in town, out with some guy," She said. I let out a nervous laugh. "I can't go out with friends?" I said hoping that all she meant.

She smiled rightfully. "Yeah, you looked a little closer than friends" it was then I realized two other girls looking at us from the other side of the hall, whispering to each other. I didn't know what to say.

"She must've seen that wrong," I said trying to get away. "Yeah maybe." She said stopping me. "But if it wasn't you could tell me" she smiled. Almost if she wanted me to tell her.