chapter 52

I GOT 10K BITCHEEESSSS THANK YYOOUUU 🏃‍♀️
this chapter is a flashback to chapter 47 from Hyunsuk's prespective.

song recommendation - alone with you by ashlee

(flashback to chapter 47)

Hyunsuk laid down on his bed in the pitch black darkness. All of the people in his dorms were asleep. He knew for sure though he couldn't see them. The place got less lively when they slept. The ticking clock on the wall has been ticking for what felt like hours. It felt numb in his ears from how much he heard it.

He got up from his bed and walked slowly to the door. It was like he was walking blind. He followed the breeze coming from the door opening. His hand finally found its way to the cold metal door handle. He opened it and walked out the door.

It was lighter outside his dorm but the lights were closed . The cold pressed against his skin once he got out. Heat coming from their air conditioner in the dorm kept him partially warm. He didn't realise how warm it was until he left the dorm.

He grabbed his jacket and walked out of the front door quietly , locking the door after him. being of out of there gave him more clarity. Being called the leader of the group and having to manage wasn't as easy as he thought it was going to be.

The rooftop was always on his bucket list. It looked like it would be calming. And that was exactly what he needed. he walked up the never ending stairs. There was no tiredness in his eyes for some reason. It was really late at night. Anytime the sun might come up.

He pushed the heavy metal door open and walked into the rooftop. A smile decorated his face when he felt the breeze brush against his hair. It was better than he thought it would be.

Of course he knew it would be cool. But the city view was the most beautiful thing ever. He walked to the corner of the rooftop and rested his arms on the railing. Staring at the lights as they flickered and changed. His hair flowed with the soft wind. He tightened his jacket around him. The view felt hypnotising.

The sky was as dark as it was when he left the dorms. Which calmed him a bit. Then that meant that he wasn't running late for anything. But watching the sunrise was something he's always wanted to see again and again. Especially on a place like this.

After a while, Hyunsuk figured he would head back to the dorms. Maybe he stayed there for too long. He needed rest even of it didn't come by easy. As he was about to leave, he heard the heavy door scrape the floor as it opened. He scurried back to his spot and hid there. His heart was beating hard against his chest. And a cold sweat of surprise washed of him.